Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey Template IP Phone 9971 SIP

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Guys,

I am trying configure 02 IP Phones 9971 SIP in the CallManager 7.1.3. I Verified that for this version, there are not softkey template and an resource that I can use could be feature control policy. I enabled the feature control policy and apply in the ip phone but donĀ“t appear in the ip phone the button with the for example: conference, call pickup, callback,...

Is there any step-by-step to configure this feature? or another way to configure this button template?

Thanks,

Wilson 

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

Feature Buttons and Softkeys

#

Table 7-4 provides information about some of the features that are available on softkeys, some that are available on dedicated feature buttons, and some that you need to configure as programmable feature buttons. An "X" in the table indicates that the feature is supported for the corresponding button type or softkey. Of the two button types and softkeys, only programmable feature buttons require configuration in Cisco Unified IP Phone administration.

#

Note The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 does not use softkey templates in Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration.

#

For information on configuring programmable feature buttons, see the "Modifying Phone Button Templates" section.

#

##

Table 7-4     Features and Corresponding Buttons and Softkeys  

#

Feature Name

#

Dedicated Feature Button

#

Programmable Feature
Button

#

Softkey

#

All Calls

##

X

#
#

Answer

##

X

#

X

#

Call Back

##

X

#

X

#

Call Forward All

##

X

#

X

#

Call Park

##

X

#

X

#

Call Park Line Status

##

X

#
#

Call Pickup

##

X

#
#

Call Pickup Line Status

##

X

#
#

Conference

#

X

##

X
(available while on a conference only)

#

Divert

# ##

X

#

Do Not Disturb

##

X

#
#

Group Pickup

##

X

#
#

Hold

#

X

# #
#

Hunt Groups

##

X

#
#

Intercom

##

X

#
#

Malicious Call Identification (MCID)

##

X

#
#

Meet Me

##

X

#
#

Mobile Connect

##

X

#
#

Mute

#

X

# #
#

Other Pickup

##

X

#
#

Privacy

##

X

#
#

Redial

##

X

#

X

#

Speed Dial

##

X

#

X

#

Speed Dial Line Status

##

X

#
#

Transfer

#

X

##

X
(available during a transfer only)

#

Quality Reporting Tool (QRT)

##

X

Modifying Phone Button Templates

#

Phone button templates let you assign speed dials and call-handling features to programmable buttons. Call-handling features that can be assigned to buttons include Answer, Mobility, and All Calls.

#

Ideally, you modify templates before registering phones on the network. In this way, you can access customized phone button template options from Cisco Unified Communications Manager during registration.

#

To modify a phone button template, choose Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. To assign a phone button template to a phone, use the Phone Button Template field in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Phone Configuration page. Refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide and Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide for more information.

#

ā€¢The default Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971 template that ships with the phone uses buttons 1 and 2 for lines.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971usr.html#wp1077141

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Hi Rob,

I had already read the all documentation, but, didnĀ“t solve the problem. I am not having possibility of add the button for example: conference, call park, call pickup, pickup group, etc.... I tried change the phone button template, but, too didnĀ“t had sucess.

Thanks,

Wilson

I had this same problem initially, but in CUCM 10, you can scroll all the way down on the device and change the

Softkey Control

TO:  Softkey Template.

Now it will get all the Softkey Buttons from the normal Softkey Template at the top.

CadJoe

CUCM, Gotta Love It!

This worked for me. Thank you!

this worked for me thanks alot

Hi Rob,

I had already read the all documentation and apply the recommendation, but, this didnĀ“t solve the problem. I am not having possibility of add the button for example: conference, call park, call pickup, pickup group, etc.... I tried change the phone button template, but, too didnĀ“t had sucess.

Thanks,

Wilson

Wilson,

9971 does not have conference softkey option, there is a conference hard button (one that has 3 heads), next to Transfer and Hold hard buttons.  Park, Conference List, Call Back, etc are available through feature control policy, they will only be available though under correct call state, i.e. you cannot use Park without an active call, etc.  Make sure you are trying to invoke these under correct phone states, if you still do not see them, make sure that the feature control policy has been assigned to your phone and has these Enabled (some are disabled by default) and try resetting the phone.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I did the correct configuration and resetting the phone, but, didnĀ“t work.

Thanks,

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

When you go to Device> Device Settings> Phone Button Template > Find

9971SIP

You then Copy that default button template and rename it something else

like 9971SIP_feature

At this point you can add the features like Pickup & Park to buttons 3,4,5&6 via the

dropdown boxes then save.

Go back to the phones in question and change their Button Template to

9971SIP_feature and reset them. You should then see these keys/buttons

added when in the correct call state

Cheers!

Rob

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Hi Rob,

This procedure was did, but, didnĀ“t work. In this moment I have 04 IP Phones. 02 IP Phones show only 03 buttons: New call, forward all, redial and another 02 IP Phones shows new call, forward all, redial , more, re-call and self-view. If I obtain the first 02 phones the same configuration, for me is sufficente.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Rob,

I am sorry by long delay. I did the procedure, but, in this condittion the button is appearing in the vertical line I need that the button appear in the horizontal line. Do You understand?

Thanks,

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

No worries my friend As you can see from the link below

the 9971 only has the vertical programmable feature buttons 18

so that's as good as it gets. Sorry man!

Figure 1-3     Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

Table 1-3 describes the buttons on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971.

Table 1-3     Features on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971  

Phone screen

Shows information about your phone, including directory number, call information (for example caller ID, icons for an active call or call on hold) and available softkeys.

Phone screen items, such as menu options and softkeys, are touch-sensitive.

Session buttons

Each represents a call session and takes the default action for that session. For example, pressing the session button for a ringing call answers the call, while pressing the session button for a held call resumes the call.

Color LEDs reflect the call state. LEDs can flash (blink on and off rapidly), pulse (alternately dim and brighten), or appear solid (glow without interruption).

ā€¢Flashing amberā€”Ringing call

ā€¢Solid greenā€”Connected call or an outgoing call that is not yet connected

ā€¢Pulsing greenā€”Held call

ā€¢Solid redā€”Shared line in-use remotely

ā€¢Pulsing redā€”Shared line call put on hold remotely

(The position of session buttons may be reversed with that of programmable feature buttons on phones using a locale with a right-to-left reading orientation, such as Hebrew and Arabic.)

Back button

Returns to the previous screen or menu.

Release button

Ends a connected call or session.

Navigation pad and Select button

The four-way Navigation pad allows you to scroll through menus, highlight items, and move within a text input field.

The Select button (center of the Navigation pad) allows you to select a highlighted item, disable the phone screen for cleaning, or enable the phone screen if it is in power-save mode.

The Select button is lit (white) when the phone is in power-save mode.

Conference button

Creates a conference call.

Hold button

Places a connected call on hold.

Transfer button

Transfers a call.

Keypad

Allows you to dial phone numbers, enter letters, and choose menu items (by entering the item number).

Speakerphone button

Selects the speakerphone as the default audio path and initiates a new call, picks up an incoming call, or ends a call. During a call, the button is lit green.

The speakerphone audio path does not change until a new default audio path is selected (for example, by picking up the handset).

If external speakers are connected, the Speakerphone button selects them as the default audio path.

Mute button

Toggles the microphone on or off during a call. When the microphone is muted, the button is lit red.

Headset button

Selects the wired headset as the default audio path and initiates a new call, picks up an incoming call, or ends a call. During a call, the button is lit green.

A headset icon in the phone screen header line indicates the headset is the default audio path. This audio path does not change until a new default audio path is selected (for example, by picking up the handset).

Volume button

Controls the handset, headset, and speakerphone volume (off-hook) and the ringer volume (on-hook).

Silences the ringer on the phone if an incoming call is ringing.

Messages button

Auto-dials your voicemail system (varies by system).

Applications button

Opens the Applications menu. Depending on how your system administrator sets up the phone, use it to access applications such as call history, preferences, and phone information.

Contacts button

Opens the Contacts menu. Depending on how your system administrator sets up the phone, use it to access personal directory, corporate directory, or call history.

Phone display

Phone display that can be positioned to your preferred viewing angle.

Programmable feature buttons

Programmable feature buttons that correspond to phone lines, speed dials, and calling features.

Pressing a button for a phone line displays the active calls for that line. If you have multiple lines, you might have an All Calls feature button that displays a consolidated list of calls from all lines.

Color LEDs indicate the line state:

ā€¢Amberā€”Ringing call on this line

ā€¢Greenā€”Active or held call on this line

ā€¢Redā€”Shared line in-use remotely

(The position of programmable feature buttons may be reversed with that of session buttons on phones using a locale with a right-to-left reading orientation, such as Hebrew and Arabic.)

Handset with light strip

The handset light strip lights up to indicate a ringing call (flashing red) or a new voice message (steady red).

Cheers!

Rob

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

89xx/99xx phones don't use the softkey template system. They use the "Feature Control Policy" system instead. (Device -> Device Settings -> Feature Control Policy) Nowhere near as flexible as softkey templates

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Gordon,

I am sorry by long delay. Is difficult give continue in the test. Well, I did alredy the configuration based in Feature Control Policy, but, didnĀ“t work. I Would like configure new softkey for example: call park, call pickup, conference, but, in this moment only shows new calls, forward all, redial and recall

Thanks by patience,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: