cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabricpath and Catalyst 2960

ibrydon
Level 1
Level 1

We will be installing Nexus 7K and 5K switches soon and wish to implement Fabricpath.   Our end-user switches are Catalyst 2960s.   These by default run the spanning-tree protocol.  Is it possible to enable Fabricpath on the Catalyst 2960 series of switches?

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Sadly, to my best knowledge, the FabricPath or TRILL are not supported on Catalysts. In fact, the only platforms that support the FabricPath or TRILL are the Nexus 5k/7k. I am not aware that any other Cisco product currently suport the FabricPath.

Best regards,

Peter

yes, Peter is right, Fabricpath/TRILL is supported only on Nexus switches (5k and 7k).

there is no plan to add support on any other platform on time being. The only exception is the Cat6500 with Sup2T whose hw is TRILL ready already. That means that if the Cat6500 BU decides to add the support for TRILL (and I suppose for FabricPath too) an IOS upgrade will be enough to make ti work (provided you use the Sup2T of course).

On time being the decision whether to add the feature is being evaluated depending on market requests.

regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: