Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Physical Damage to a Remote Control

Answered Question
Jan 3rd, 2012
User Badges:

Is physical damage to a Remote Control (TRC3 or TRC4) covered by the maintenance contract?  I have no idea how it was physically damaged by the client.

Correct Answer by Anonymous about 5 years 7 months ago

Hi Anthony,

Systems, cables, remote controllers, monitors etc. are not covered by the maintenance contract, if there has been any physical damage to it.

So I would advise you to order a new one from Cisco. If the remote controller suddenly stops working (remember to check the batteries first :), then you will get a new one from Cisco, if you create an RMA for it.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Anthony Thomson Thu, 01/05/2012 - 09:27
User Badges:

This should be a pretty simple yes or no answer; no Cisco reps can answer this??  I need to now to proceed with this: open a ticket with TAC, or create a PO for the client to purchase a new remote.  Thanks.

Correct Answer
aostense Fri, 01/06/2012 - 07:00
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi Anthony,

Systems, cables, remote controllers, monitors etc. are not covered by the maintenance contract, if there has been any physical damage to it.

So I would advise you to order a new one from Cisco. If the remote controller suddenly stops working (remember to check the batteries first :), then you will get a new one from Cisco, if you create an RMA for it.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Actions

This Discussion