cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300 24p and Vlan for voip traffic

Gtelcom1974
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SF300 24 P and Iam trying to configure a voice vlan this is what I have done so far and it doesnt work.

1. create vlan 30 for voice traffic and enable it

2. Telephony OUI add my mac address for allworx phones

3. Port to VLAN add 30 has tagged, port to vlan 1 untagged

4. Vlan to port I try to add 30 and get this error (Port e15 is candidate in voice Vlan 30 and cant be configured as static member in the vlan.

5. Under Discovery LLDP, LLDP MED port  Setting Enable MED status, then all other options to yes

In my LLDP neighbor  information all my phones are there and says under port ID 0 ( my phones support LLDP and CDP)

I have never done this before and may be way off can anyone steer me in the right direction of what I may be doing wrong.

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Greg,

Here is a little video explain auto-voice vlan

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17580

this is every way to set up switch for voip phones

The sf/sg300 series switches support CDP.  Cisco discovery protocol is proprietary and if you’re phones are not Cisco phones then you will need to follow options below. (with CDP switch is plug and play with Cisco phones)

One is to manually set the phones to the Voice Vlan and set the port to a trunk port and with membership of the untagged (native vlan) and the tagged voice vlan.  This should allow the phone to connect up, if the Voice Vlan has been established in the phone correctly.

The second option is to do the voice vlan.  This option you put the manufactures Mac address OUI in the OUI list and then set the port to general mode and have it auto join the voice vlan.  This option is pretty simple and works all the time.

The third option is to setup LLDP on the switch and make sure the phone has it enabled.

Here are the steps for setting that up.

First set the port that the phone is going to plug into as a trunk port.  Then tag the voice vlan on that port.

Next go to the Administration tab, Discovery – LLDP, Properties: and Enable it globally.

Then Go to LLDP MED NETWORK POLICY and add a new policy:  For the new policy, select voice and then select the vlan.  From here you can setup the User Priority  and DSCP value. 

Finally click on the LLDP MED Port Settings select the ports that are participating in LLDP and select edit, then enable the LLDP MED Status on the port and select Available optional TLVS: Network Policy and move it to selected optional TLV’S and then select under Available Network Policies and select the policy for voice (In this instance it is 1) and move it over to selected Network Policies.

Once all this is done, the phones will join the vlan based on LLDP.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan