I know that this is no correct,
I know that it will not be supported,
I know that a thing like that shoudl not go to a productiona enviroment.
BUT, doe anyone kows what wolud happend if a force a cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-54.SG on a SUP-II-Plus+TS?
- The same IP base file tha is used on a SUP-II-Plus+TS is used uma a SUP-V
- The file size os the entservices IOS is just a bit bigger the ipbase IOS.
- Especificaly the EIGRP were supported on the SUP-II-Plus+TS pior the 12.2-25
We need full support to EIGRP(or OSPF) because of the H.A that are been implemented,.and need to test it...
Douglas Fernando Fischer wrote:
When you say "card won't accept this IOS" it means:
- On copy tftp bootflash: the system will recuse the file !?!
- I have on seen some like that using xtract command, not copy command.
- On the reload, the system goes to ROMMON !?!
You can copy the IOS into your Sup2 and you can change the boot string to point to this IOS without any issues, HOWEVER, once you reboot your chassis the supervisor card will look at the boot string and ATTEMPT to run the IOS. It will go something like, "I can do this, I can do this, I can ... hold on. WTF is this instruction(s)? I don't understand this. Abort". If you have another valid IOS in there, the supervisor card will try to boot that too. If you don't then the supervisor card will go into ROMmon.