cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot enable PBR on a VLAN WCCP enabled

Maher Azem
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to apply a policy-based route on one of our L3 switches (Cisco 3750) to change the next-hop of a couple of servers only. The VLAN where those servers reside got WCCP enabled on it. When I want to apply the route-policy to that VLAN interface it doesn't let me. When I try to apply the same policy to a VLAN interface without WCCP it does work. Is there any Cisco IOS limitations that would prevent me from doing that?

Configuration:

route policy config:

access-list 70 permit ip host x.x.x.x (server IP)

route-map PBR1 permit 10

match ip address 70

set next-hop 1.1.1.1

int vlan x

ip policy route-map PBR1

current config of the VLAN interface (that we need to apply the route policy to):

interface Vlanxx

description SERVERS vlan

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0

ip wccp 61 redirect in

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

excerpt from 3750 configuration guide for 12.2(55)SE:

Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) and PBR  are mutually exclusive on a switch interface. You cannot enable WCCP  when PBR is enabled on an interface. The reverse is also true, you  cannot enable PBR when WCCP is enabled on an interface.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

excerpt from 3750 configuration guide for 12.2(55)SE:

Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) and PBR  are mutually exclusive on a switch interface. You cannot enable WCCP  when PBR is enabled on an interface. The reverse is also true, you  cannot enable PBR when WCCP is enabled on an interface.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco