cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K VPC with WLC 5508

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if VPC is supported with WLC 5508? 

I am running 5.1.(3).

9 Replies 9

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WLC doesn't support vPC. You can configure regular LACP PO which uplink to both Nexus (N7K's PO will be configured as vPC).

Regards,

jerry

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

would mode "on" also work on the PO from the Nexus to the WLC?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Recommended setting is LACP. On will work if LACP is not an option, but misconfigured PO can cause traffic blackhole.

HTH,

jerry

I'm very confused by jeye comments.

I know for a fact that WLC 5508 does not support " channel-group 1 mode active"

Bottom line, can you connect a WLC 5508 to a pair of Nexus 7000 using vPC ?

If yes, can I use the following command to setup vPC on each Nexus ?

interface Ethernet1/1

switchport

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 100

channel-group 1 mode on

no shutdown

interface port-channel1

switchport

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 100

vpc 1

Thank you

That is fine on the Nexus side.

What I am saying is, WLC will not have the "vpc" command option. All you can do is regular port-channel.

HTH,

jerry

hi,

its absolutely possibe.

1. ensure you  enabled LAG on WLC

2. Assign 0 as vlan id on management interface (untagged), assuming u only hav management interaface.

if u have other AP manager interface then configure vlan id as 0 for those int also.

3.in both nexus,configure portchannel with vPC, assign it on physical interface(same as wht u hav mentioned above)

it should work if you follow the above procedure.

because i am having 2 no of 5508 and 2 no of nexus 7010, the above setup works fine.

Regards

Arun

+919900097880

But how do you enable port-channeling on the actual 5508?

Does it automatically bundle all uplink ports?

I know with the 7ks all configs have to match or else it won't bring up the port-channel.

Adam

I haven't worked with the WLC 5508 but from the configuration guide you need to enable LAG and reboot the device -

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-2/configuration/guide/cg/cg_ports_interfaces.html#wp1386054

Jon

Yeah I understand how to do that part and have it enabled already. I just thought there would be more to it on the 5508 since its an appliance. Even though its not a switch IOS persay I was thinking it would still port-channel the same as a switch.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card