cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-12S-S and WS-C3750X-24T-S in a stack

cssam
Level 1
Level 1

Can we use WS-C3750X-12S-S and WS-C3750X-24T-S in a single stack?

7 Replies 7

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

yes, should work.

it would be best if both would run same IOS and same feature set(the above mentioned have both ip base).

florian

This didn't work for me -- I tried stacking these two models together, both on the same version of code (

c3750e-ipbasek9-tar.122-58.SE2) but got an error saying that there is a major version mismatch.

WS-C3750X-24T-S
WS-C3750X-12S-S

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

Mike

Can you post "sh ver" from both switches?

Andrew Cink
Level 1
Level 1

They must both be running the same version of IOS and they must be the same license level. (IE, they both must be lan base, or ip base, or advanced ip services). As long as the IOS versions and licensing are identical, it's no problem.

And also they need to have same SDMs.

Thanks for the replies.  This is embarrassing -- I didn't realize that somehow the license on the 12s-s got blown out:

License Level:

License Type: Default. No valid license found.

Next reload license Level:

which explains why it didn't want to stack.  Too bad there wasn't a log entry that said that -- I'd like those hours of my life back!  Now to figure out how to get a new license code...

Thanks for your replies.

Mike

Now to figure out how to get a new license code...

license@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: