cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS and ASA5585x

dporod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, wondering if anyone is able to use LMS 4.1 with an ASA5585x?

The ASA5585x is not on the list of supported devices for LMS4.1, I would like to be able to back up the configuration and to monitor basic status such as device up/down.

I have manually added an active/passive pair into LMS and seem to be able to access the devices via snmp and ssh but cannot get the configs.

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You won't be able to until Cisco updates LMS to add the 5585X. LMS bases a device's manageability primarily on the device's SNMP OID. If the OID doesn't match the list it checks, it won't manage the device.

There's no public announcement of future support but this particular device has been inquired about before and is overdue for support by LMS, for what it's worth.

dporod
Level 1
Level 1

After contacting TAC I was informed that the 5585x now has basic support in LMS 4.1.

"Currently the device is only supported on Inventory Config and Image Management and Faultmanagement."

After updating I can now archive configs!

Thanks for the update. I was remembering having checked this just last month under a separate thread. Now I know better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: