I need your help, Please...
I have CiscoWorks 3.1 and I would appreciate if anyone could advise me regarding the below...
1. When creating job or log file, these files are always stored in the default Path (inside LMSROOT) for RME for example...Could I change RME default Path to store these files in another location inside the Hard Disk?
2. Could I Configure CW-LMS to send all the reports to me by mail?
3. What is the Difference between Poll Interval time and Collection time inside RME?
1. My first choice would be to have scheduled jobs (e.g. cron) that copy or move these outputs to the desired locations. Barring that, my second choice would be setting soft or hard links under LMSROOT to the desired locations, and point the RME jobs to write to the links under LMSROOT. Changing LMSROOT would be my last choice, just because I'm risk-averse--who knows which patch might come along and either get confused by the non-default LMSROOT or reset it blindly (ran into the latter scenario when the syslog location had to be in a custom path set by external requirements).
2. I could be wrong, but IIRC, for most reports, LMS 3.x just emails a URL to the report that still needs to be viewed through the LMS web server, with the requisite login authentication.
3. Sounds to me that your question is really regarding the difference between Inventory Polling vs Collection, which is addressed by
•Enabling you to collect inventory periodically. You can ensure that inventory data is collected periodically to avoid the usage of stale inventory data by other RME applications.
•Polling the devices for any changes in inventory. If it detects a change, it invokes a full inventory data collection. The following poller AG variables are supported: