UCCX 8.0(2) upgrade to SU4

Answered Question
Jan 11th, 2012

Hi,

I'm planning an upgrade to SU4 on a HA cluster this weekend. I would like to kick off the software install this evening, and then switch versions over the weekends. The documentation isn't 100% clear on what will happen in this scenario.

I'm looking at this doc ... http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801osag.pdf

On page 46 (7-2) it states ... Data migration happens only when a switch version is done from a lower to the higher version; when the switch version is done from a higher to a lower version the data migration does not happen.

What Data is this referring to exactly? Historical data only?

On the next page it states .... The administrator must not make any configuration changes to Cisco Unified CCX during an upgrade. Configuration changes include any changes that you make in Cisco Unified CCX Administration, Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability, and the User Option windows.

So, if I upload the software tonight, am I correct in thinking that when I switch versions at the weekend, historical data will be carried over and any configuration changes (reskilling, new agents, new csqs etc) will be lost ?

Also, has anyone any comments on the SU4 upgrade in a HA cluster? If you've upgraded, how did you get on?

SU3 gave us many different problems, hopefully SU4 will be smoother.

Regards,

Brian

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 2 years 3 months ago

It refers to all data, basically if you do the upgrade but not switch for few days all new configuration and historical data will be lost after you perform the switch.

HTH,

Chris

Average Rating: 5 (9 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Wed, 01/11/2012 - 04:35

It refers to all data, basically if you do the upgrade but not switch for few days all new configuration and historical data will be lost after you perform the switch.

HTH,

Chris

brian1mcc Wed, 01/11/2012 - 06:26

Thanks Chris, I'll hold off and do the upgrade and switch version in the same maintenance period.

Brian

renjijoy001 Thu, 01/12/2012 - 01:31

Hi ,

Dont go now update su4, In su4 some issues is there.Just verfy with your Tac engineer.

Thanks

brian1mcc Thu, 01/12/2012 - 01:33

TAC advised an upgrade for a couple of issues we were having. Most importantly the telephony subsystem was going in to partial service CSCtq61132 .

What kind of issues did you experience?

Brian

renjijoy001 Thu, 01/12/2012 - 01:56

Now its working fine they Instal some Driver files after patch,Any way please consult with your TAC and confirm

renjijoy001 Thu, 01/12/2012 - 02:07

CSCtu27583   Heavy use of Announcements causes CPU loop in IPVMS .

CSCtt35656   9.0(1)Annunciators delayed under load

b.rockburn Tue, 01/24/2012 - 13:22

How did your patch upgrade go? I am about to attempt the same thing. Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

BR

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

brian1mcc Tue, 01/24/2012 - 14:46

It went well. Took about 4 hours to do a HA cluster of a very busy contact centre. No surprises.

We were hitting quite a few bugs in su3. Most of them appear to be resolved.... so far anyway. : )

kiarash.kazemi Wed, 01/25/2012 - 11:44

Hi Brian,

I am looking at upgrading one of my customers from 8.0(2) to 8.0(2) SU4.

I was wondering if you know if this upgrade also required an update to the clients or not?

Many thanks in advance,

Kiarash

brian1mcc Wed, 01/25/2012 - 12:26

Yes, supervisor and agent desktops need to be upgraded. The historical reporting client will also need to be upgraded (manually).

Brian

brian1mcc Wed, 01/25/2012 - 14:51

CAD and CSD upgraded automatically on local installs. Where CAD was installed on citrix I ran the auto updater manually.

kiarash.kazemi Thu, 01/26/2012 - 04:03

Thanks very much Brian, I really appreciate it.

I presume that the clients would have required local Admin rights to upgrade the clients automatically.

brian1mcc Thu, 01/26/2012 - 04:29

Yes - I logged in as a local admin, updated the clients, then logged out again.

Brian

Please rate helpful posts

mdeserio@ Thu, 03/15/2012 - 11:41

Does anyone know if a CAD upgrade is required from SU3 to SU4?

Thanks!

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Stats:
Replies:20 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2184 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard