Serial Number to Description and Warranty API

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2012

Is there any APIs that we can use to look up information the description and warranty/Smartnet based on a serial number?

We are building our own inventory management system and I have serial numbers of the Cisco devices.

Screen scraping from http://tools.cisco.com/scc/ is not how we want to handle thousands of devices.

We would like to integrate our service with cisco.com directly to pull any information..

email is rsmith@rsmith.edu

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
ccolloto Tue, 01/17/2012 - 14:08

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion - we're interested in knowing how we can make it easier, more productive for you to do business with Cisco.   We're evaluating options for future APIs and will include your suggestion in that evaluation process.

ccolloto Wed, 01/18/2012 - 19:43

Follow-up to the link about possible solution for tracking SN to device.  We do have an externalized web service (API) that provides end of life data including end of sale date, end of Cisco support, end of contract renewal date but nothing, at this time, for SN to warranty or SN to contract coverage.   The end of life web service does not include any service contract data.

smithron Thu, 01/19/2012 - 12:24

How do we get access to this API?  We will attempt to work with what you have.

ccolloto Thu, 01/19/2012 - 15:53

Hi - best way is for us to have a quick meeting (live!) to discuss.  I'll send an email so we can find time on our calendars.  Thanks for the interest.

ccolloto Wed, 01/18/2012 - 19:39

Hi - thanks for indicating your interest.   We'll update as we make decisions. 

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Stats:
Replies:9 Avg. Rating:5
Views:5688 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard