cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 License extraction?

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Top of your head, does anyone know if there is any way to 'extract' the currently applied UCCX license file from the server? We have a need to completely rebuild a UCCX server, OS and all, but the customer does not have the original .lic file. Since the License MAC should be staying the same my hope was to simply reuse the existing .lic file without having to engage TAC licensing. Any insight is appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can see if it is in the backup file.

Chris

We are in same situation. I tried to extract backup file but it saying the archive is in unknown format or damaged.

Chris & Jpsweeney77 please help

Hi-

If I recall correctly you'll need to reach out to Cisco TAC and have them login to the CET tool.  From there you can get the licences files as a BIN file.  From there you can run a UCCX script to translate them into plain text.

It's been awhile since I've had to do that, but I can see if I can dig up any other info on how to do it.  I think you could also use another application to convert them from BIN files to text files.

Edit-  This is assuming you're running 8.x.

DJ

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

Just raise a case with TAC Licensing. Give them the current MAC address and tell them you are rebuilding and want all the licenses issued to that MAC. Supply the new MAC if there is one.

It's not generally a painful process.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: