cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directed Call Park BLF

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

I am about to migrate the other half of the company from 3com NBX to our CUCM 8.5 cluster. I have ran into a BIG issue:

Currently on the 10 + year 3com system the executive assitance has 4 parks they use for the executives. When a call comes in it is parked and both the assitant and the executive can see a red light on the phone line indicating which park contains the call. The executive goes off hook and presses the button with the red light and resumes the call.

Ok I am trying to replicate this with Directed Call Park BLF. I can see the red light on both ends of the phones when it is park however I can not resume the call by pressing the call park button. I have researched this and find old posts that this is not possible.

I created a BLF speed dial to the call park retrievel number however it still is not lit.

Has anyone found a way around this or is there something that I am missing?

Thanks for the help!

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Take a look on this doc on the restriction part, you have the reversion timerthe call reverts to the parker (who park the call).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wp1056901

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Reversion timer would not work here as I need to resume the call when the button is pressed.

No you cant use the BLF key to pickup the parked call, you must dial the prefix/parking stall combination.

From the documentation look the step 4, TO RETRIEVED the parked call:

Example 1: Using the Directed Call Park Feature—Parked Call Gets Retrieved

The following example illustrates the use of the directed call park feature and retrieval of the parked call.

1. Users A1 and A2 connect in a call.

2. To  park the call, A1 presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if  available) and dials directed call park number 80 (for example) or  presses the BLF button for directed call park number 80 (if the phone  model supports the BLF button).

3. A1  either presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button) again or goes  on hook to complete the directed call park transfer. This action parks  A2 on directed call park number 80.

4. From  any phone with a correctly configured partition and calling search  space, user B1 dials the directed call park prefix (21, for example)  followed by the directed call park number 80 to retrieve the call. B1  connects to A2.

Rate this if helps you

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Yes i have read this. I was looking to see if anyone had a work around or came up with a way in their environment.

In CUCM 8.5 the only this will work is if you are using SIP load on phones. The Feature is call Assisted Directed Call Park and it is not currently available for SCCP Phone Loads.

I decided to go with a retrival button and changed the service peramiters for speed dial await further digits to true.

So it looks like:

* <--- Directed call park 1 with light

* <---- Directed call park 2 with light

* < ---- Retrieval speed dial with directed call park access code (4)

So the squence to retrieve the call park is to select the retrieval speed dial and then the call park that is lit.

Thanks for the info, I think this will work for now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: