Views
Helpful
Replies

SRSV as permanent voicemail?

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I have a customer with a CM cluster who is opening a branch office. They purchased a 2911 to link the branch phones back to the centralised CUCM with SRST and SRSV licenses. It's now been decided that they don't want to connect the new branch to the HQ CUCM and want to run CUCME and CUE locally on the 2911.

The licenses they have purchased are for SRSV-CUE and not CUE. I'm not familiar with the SRSV product, but having installed it, it looks identical to CUE. Can SRSV be used as a permanent VM solution or will the customer have to buy new licenses for CUE? If they can run SRSV, is there any loss of features from CUE? Information on the product seems to be quite hard to come by outside of the Cisco sales pitch type docs.

Many thanks

Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As Paolo mentions, this won't work

a) Because it's not designed to be used that way and we won't support it as a permanent VM solution:

About Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE Release 8.0

Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Voicemail (Cisco Unified SRSV) is  an application that adds support for a survivability architecture to  Cisco Unity Connection voicemail solutions.

It works with the various  Cisco Unity Connection components to provide an enhanced user experience  in the branch office.

The Cisco Unified SRSV solution requires the installation of two  components: the Cisco Unified Messaging Gateway (Cisco UMG) component  and the Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site  Voicemail—Cisco Unity Express (Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE) component.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/umg/rel8_0/srsv_cue/overview.html

b) Because as above explains it's not just having SRSV loaded for this to work, you need a CUC deployment and UMG.

If you do not meet the requirements outlined in the documentation, it won't work, and we won't support it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SRSV is used to synchronize the VMs between VM systems of HQ & VM systems of Remote site whenever the link between them is restored. HQ VM system could be Unity Connection & remote site might have CUE, when the link between these 2 sites breaks, remote site users will utilize the CUE locally for VM purpose wheras in normal operations, even remote site users would have their VMs in HQ VM system i.e. Unity Connection. CUE will be used only during SRST scenario.

Once the link is restored, the remote site user's VM needs a sync with HQ VM system & SRSV does the job.

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Gajanan - I suppose my main question was; if I install SRSV-CUE without a WAN link back to a HQ VM, will it run CUE locally permanently without any problems?

Thanks for your help.

No, it will not run properly. You shoudl download and install the regular CUE software, then configure it for CME mode.

Paolo - this would be my answer, but the customer doesn't have CUE licenses and is reluctant to buy them so I was trying to make SRSV work without a HQ VM. Can you tell me why it would not run properly so I can go back to the customer and persuade them to buy a CUE license?

Thanks for your time.

There are no licensing issue that I know. beside getting mbox licenses thata re very cheap anyway.

The system woudl not run accetably because it would be doing something it has not been designed for.

Customers must accept the consequences of ordering the wrong stuff.

As Paolo mentions, this won't work

a) Because it's not designed to be used that way and we won't support it as a permanent VM solution:

About Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE Release 8.0

Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Voicemail (Cisco Unified SRSV) is  an application that adds support for a survivability architecture to  Cisco Unity Connection voicemail solutions.

It works with the various  Cisco Unity Connection components to provide an enhanced user experience  in the branch office.

The Cisco Unified SRSV solution requires the installation of two  components: the Cisco Unified Messaging Gateway (Cisco UMG) component  and the Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site  Voicemail—Cisco Unity Express (Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE) component.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/umg/rel8_0/srsv_cue/overview.html

b) Because as above explains it's not just having SRSV loaded for this to work, you need a CUC deployment and UMG.

If you do not meet the requirements outlined in the documentation, it won't work, and we won't support it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks guys, have advised the customer to buy CUE licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: