cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking down 1800 numbers in CUCM

aminbrooks1906
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best way for someone to track down the relationship between a 1800 number used by Company X, CUCM and UCCX. We have an auto attendant script that is triggered using a CTI route point. I know that the Telco translates the number into a local number, but where do I find the groundwork for this?

Is there a tool I can use to track down the process of my phone calling the 1-800 number other than pulling traces? What's the quickest way for me to find how this number breaks down from the my phone>1800 number call>customer service center

Is there a document that breaks down this process specifically or examples of the process (translating 1800 numbers used by aa.aef scripts)?

Thx.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

You can debug the call in your voice gateway to see which of your local number is being used by the 1-800, after that in your callmanager you can check if your trigger is directly the DID number used by the 1-800 or maybe could be a translation pattern that takes your DID number and converts it to your trigger DN.

Gabriel.

So without doing any of that, is there a way in CUCM to tell that 1-800-xxx-xxxx is pointing to a translation pattern or whether my xxxx cti route point is being converted? I really wanted to see if I could find any related configuration in CUCM regarding this particular 1-800 number. I've looked under device pools and the route point and don't see anything relating the two. I know it is working, I just want to be exact on explaining the process.

Hi, first of all you need to know the number that is related to your 1-800 (with a debug or you can talk to your telco). After knowing that you need to know if that number is DID, you can search your number in the callmanager route plan report (that is in Call Routing tab) there you can see if that number is a translation pattern, a CTI route point (uccx trigger) etc. That way you can build your call flow.

Gabriel.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No there is no way to check this on cucm unless the dnis number is the toll free number, typically if you have local circuits only this is not the case and the number is switched by telco to DID number. To figure out the relationship perform debug isdn q931 for PRI circuits, let us know if you have other circuit types.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: