Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1250 Overlapping Channels

faureliogdias2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my LAN, I have always been used an Aironet 1250 for internal use and always work fine. Now, I added a 3com AP but both AP are not correct. When I turned off the AIRONET 1250, the 3COM AP settings works fine. When both are turn on, the 3COM AP loses connectivity all the time.

I have heard about the overlapping channels in 802.11b/g networks.

Someone could tell me what I could do for solving this?

Note: Due to restrictions on my security lan, I could not use two SSID(using vlans) on my aironet 1250. This will be the best scenario, but it was not possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Fernando

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Put one on channel 1 and the other in channel 11 and see if that works. The issue might be with the clients and moving between AP's a lot.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I did as you told me but the problem persists.

The AP 1250 cisco was set to channel 1 and the 3com AP set to channel 11.

I dont know what to do.

thanks you very much for any help.

Fernando

The ip address for the two ap's are different correct?

-Scott

yes. The Aironet 1250 connects to a DHCP server in the range 10.150.x.x and the 3com AP connects to a range 192.168.1.x. The DHCP servers are in different places and there is no any possibility that they could overlap one and another.

But I realized that the problem must be between the two access point because the 3 com AP got an IP Address from the range 10.150.x.x(it sounds crazyness but its true). Offcourse, soon the 3COM AP loses the connection.

Tks you very much,

Fernando

is hte 3COM AP on trunk ports or switch port?  can you post the config of that port?  From you previous question, you only had VLAN 1,2 is the 3COM now in VLAN 3(or another)?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Dear Steven,

Now the topology has changed. I am not using VLANs anymore due to the fact I got a 3com ap and connect straight to the router internet. The settings of Cisco Aironet AP is as always do(using VLAN native and connect to a dhcp server internal).

In the router internet, I created a DHCP pool, which is being used by the 3com AP.

Tks you very much,

Fernando

Can you post a simple network diagram?

-Scott

ok, so the 3COM should be pulling from the internet router for it's IP address, but it's pulling an address from VLAN 1.

Where do you have hte 3COM connected to?  is it going to your 3750 or is it going directly into the router?  Can you post the config from the router, and the switchport the 3COM is connected to?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: