How do you send a "Break" on puTTY to a cisco 2600 Terminal server

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2012

I have a cisco 2621XM Terminal server connected to A router.  The Terminal server has 32 ports and connected to 32 cisco deviceses. I was trying to login one of my Router which is cisco router 7609 that has a sup-720. The sup-720 failed and I was trying to upgrade the IOS on the sup-720. when I reload it and send a "BREAK" from the puTTY it didn't work.  Is there any way I can send a BREAK from the puTTY or push any key that works.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4.3 (4 ratings)
Rozsa Illes Mon, 01/16/2012 - 01:54

Hi,

If the standard break sequences do not work, you can try the special commands: right click on the header of putty / Special Commands / Break.

Cheers,

Rose

dolahadad Sun, 05/20/2012 - 12:49

use "CTRL + SHIFT + 6 + X"

as far as I know..

and also there is command to enable break on boot.

But, I forgot... try to read IOS command guide.

Moxy82KAW Tue, 07/24/2012 - 10:59

Not to ressurect a dead thread, but you guys are referencing break sequences for a computer directly connected to a console. All attempts I've tried for these sequences when doing reverse telnet through a terminal server (in my case a 3725) are completely ignored. To my knowledge there's no way to correct this issue.

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 07/24/2012 - 11:12

Keith Wood wrote:

Not to ressurect a dead thread, but you guys are referencing break sequences for a computer directly connected to a console. All attempts I've tried for these sequences when doing reverse telnet through a terminal server (in my case a 3725) are completely ignored. To my knowledge there's no way to correct this issue.

Yes it's possible. Configure telnet break-on-ip. Then send Interrupt Process signal with Putty Special Command menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/termserv/configuration/guide/tsv_dialin_term_svcs_ps10591_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Moxy82KAW Tue, 07/24/2012 - 11:36

You, sir, are my new best friend. I wish I could mark this question as answered.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 05/29/2013 - 12:43

Ravi Singh wrote:

Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery

you can use the key combination of CTRL+Break.

or

right click on the header of putty / Special Commands / Break.

Just as others before, you are not understood the question.

That is, how to send break from a Cisco asynch interface, not how to send break from Putty with serial connection.

Read answer by myself.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Stats:
Replies:11 Avg. Rating:4.33333
Views:76155 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard