How do you send a "Break" on puTTY to a cisco 2600 Terminal server

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2012

I have a cisco 2621XM Terminal server connected to A router.  The Terminal server has 32 ports and connected to 32 cisco deviceses. I was trying to login one of my Router which is cisco router 7609 that has a sup-720. The sup-720 failed and I was trying to upgrade the IOS on the sup-720. when I reload it and send a "BREAK" from the puTTY it didn't work.  Is there any way I can send a BREAK from the puTTY or push any key that works.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 2.6 (9 ratings)
Rozsa Illes Mon, 01/16/2012 - 01:54

Hi,

If the standard break sequences do not work, you can try the special commands: right click on the header of putty / Special Commands / Break.

Cheers,

Rose

dolahadad Sun, 05/20/2012 - 12:49

use "CTRL + SHIFT + 6 + X"

as far as I know..

and also there is command to enable break on boot.

But, I forgot... try to read IOS command guide.

Keith Wood Tue, 07/24/2012 - 10:59

Not to ressurect a dead thread, but you guys are referencing break sequences for a computer directly connected to a console. All attempts I've tried for these sequences when doing reverse telnet through a terminal server (in my case a 3725) are completely ignored. To my knowledge there's no way to correct this issue.

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 07/24/2012 - 11:12

Keith Wood wrote:

Not to ressurect a dead thread, but you guys are referencing break sequences for a computer directly connected to a console. All attempts I've tried for these sequences when doing reverse telnet through a terminal server (in my case a 3725) are completely ignored. To my knowledge there's no way to correct this issue.

Yes it's possible. Configure telnet break-on-ip. Then send Interrupt Process signal with Putty Special Command menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/termserv/configuration/guide/tsv_dialin_term_svcs_ps10591_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Keith Wood Tue, 07/24/2012 - 11:36

You, sir, are my new best friend. I wish I could mark this question as answered.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 05/29/2013 - 12:43

Ravi Singh wrote:

Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery

you can use the key combination of CTRL+Break.

or

right click on the header of putty / Special Commands / Break.

Just as others before, you are not understood the question.

That is, how to send break from a Cisco asynch interface, not how to send break from Putty with serial connection.

Read answer by myself.

Haralambos Lakatas Sun, 04/12/2015 - 20:17

Legend. Thank you. Ive been using Putty ofr year never realised the Break command. I couldn't get any of my Mac buttons to work with the VM. It solved my problems.

Actions

This Discussion