cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Do You Delete The External Call Record in a UC320W?

sleineweber
Level 1
Level 1

Short of reinitializing the system, I do not see an option to delete the external call record. How do you do this? Also, is there a way to delete all voicemail from all voicemail boxes without reinitializing them and deleting all user settings?

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Call Detail Record files are managed by the UC320W.  We can open an enhancement if you want the option to delete files manually (before the system would).

What is the use case for such a function to delete all of the voicemail messages on the system without reinitializing the whole system?  There is a new feature in the upcoming 2.2 release that will allow you to set the message expiration date for a mail box so it will automatically delete messages older than say 30 days.

Chris

Can I assume then that this function does not currently exist? If they are managed by the system, how long are they retained? I haven't found the answer to this in any of the documentation.

I see no settings in the current firmware release to manage this function in any way, such as setting a TTL for instance. This is a standard feature in most other products so I would like to have the option.

As far as being able to delete all of the voice mail, it seems that an administrator should be able to manage the system as he likes. Also, if you have disgruntled employees or crank callers, it would be nice to delete inappropriate messages before they are heard. It just doesn't make sense to me to have to reinitialize the entire system and rebuild it from scratch in order to delete voice mail.

I would also like to make a feature request. You should have the ability to specify a different e-mail address for each voice mailbox for the voice mail to e-mail feature. I have a client that does not want to have voice mail from one department being heard by another department. Also, there are potential privacy concerns that could be raised. Currently, the only options are to include or exclude each mailbox contents from being sent to the one e-mail account that you can setup. That seems to be a major limitation.

Hi,

Please see my responses inline below denoted by ***CDE

skip wrote:

Can I assume then that this function does not currently exist? If they are managed by the system, how long are they retained? I haven't found the answer to this in any of the documentation.

***CDE  -- The system keeps the files for 35 days and then will start purging.

I see no settings in the current firmware release to manage this function in any way, such as setting a TTL for instance. This is a standard feature in most other products so I would like to have the option.

***CDE  -- I'll submit an enhancement request.

As far as being able to delete all of the voice mail, it seems that an administrator should be able to manage the system as he likes. Also, if you have disgruntled employees or crank callers, it would be nice to delete inappropriate messages before they are heard. It just doesn't make sense to me to have to reinitialize the entire system and rebuild it from scratch in order to delete voice mail.

***CDE -- In the UC320W Configuration Utility under Status -> Voicemail there is an option (or will be in 2.2) to reinitialize an individual voicemail box.

I would also like to make a feature request. You should have the ability to specify a different e-mail address for each voice mailbox for the voice mail to e-mail feature. I have a client that does not want to have voice mail from one department being heard by another department. Also, there are potential privacy concerns that could be raised. Currently, the only options are to include or exclude each mailbox contents from being sent to the one e-mail account that you can setup. That seems to be a major limitation.

***CDE -- See the built in help (blue question mark in top right corner when on the voicemail to e-mail page).  You can specify multiple recipients of a message by simply delimiting them by a comma, for example:   chris@company.com,sally@company.com

The SMTP e-mail/user is the FROM address.  We recommend that this is a dedicated e-mail account and not an individual person's e-mail address for the privacy concerns you raise.  The TO addresses can vary from mailbox to mailbox.  For example the sales group mailbox may go sales1@company.com,salesperson2@company.com   While the accounting group voicemail box may go to cpa@company.com

Hope this helps.

Chris

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

each mailbox can have separate destinations for vm to email. The one address you set up is the send address. We have two mailboxes on our system, general mailbox and a tech support mailbox. General messages go to the office managers email and tech support goes to our two lead techs email.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This is accomplished how?

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

when I get back into my office in about an hour I'll send a screenshot. And explain the setup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: