Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone firmware compatible with call manager 7.1.5

Good Day All,

Can anyone provide me a list of IP phones ( 7906-7911-7921wireless -7925 wireless-7945G-7960-7962G-7975G ) firmware compatible with callmanager 7.1.5  .

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

warm regards

Mohamed Abdullah 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Each version of CM includes firmware tested by Cisco with that version. Unless you experience specific issues with a particular handset you should stick with what is supplied.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi

Are those the versions set in firmware defaults?

See if you can find the readme for your particular version like this one (http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/42654/cucm-readme-715bsu3.pdf). You might find it if you go through the download process for that version, near the last steps, or just google it.

Near the end of the doc (page 12 in that example) it lists firmware for that version. First check that the files exist on your TFTP server, then set the defaults back to something sensible.

Also note this on page 3 of that document:

For all SCCP and SIP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(2)SR1 or later. Refer to the

Firmware Versions in this Release section of this document to determine the firmware load provided in this Service Update

THis is a well documented issue, search the forums if you want more info on it - it's possible that someone has been trying to work around that issue which is how you've ended up with these odd settings for the firmware.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Each version of CM includes firmware tested by Cisco with that version. Unless you experience specific issues with a particular handset you should stick with what is supplied.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi

I face a problem with ip phone models mention before doing restarted randomly and the message appeared are : authentication Failure or TCP-TIMEOUT . After i did troubleshooting I found the firmware apply on all IP phones model ( 7906-7911 and 7945G ) are 8-3-3. and this firmware does not compatible with CallManager V 7.1.5 as following :

IP Phone Model

Protocol

firmware

Status

SCCP

SCCP11.8-3-3S

Not compatible

SCCP

SCCP11.8-3-3S

Not compatible

7945G

SCCP

SCCP45.8-3-3S

Not compatible

7962G

SCCP

SCCP42.9-1-1SR1S

Not compatible

7975G

SCCP

SCCP75.9-1-1SR1S

Not compatible

the Source is the link below :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/firmware/8_3_3/english/release/notes/75833.html

Hi

Are those the versions set in firmware defaults?

See if you can find the readme for your particular version like this one (http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/42654/cucm-readme-715bsu3.pdf). You might find it if you go through the download process for that version, near the last steps, or just google it.

Near the end of the doc (page 12 in that example) it lists firmware for that version. First check that the files exist on your TFTP server, then set the defaults back to something sensible.

Also note this on page 3 of that document:

For all SCCP and SIP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(2)SR1 or later. Refer to the

Firmware Versions in this Release section of this document to determine the firmware load provided in this Service Update

THis is a well documented issue, search the forums if you want more info on it - it's possible that someone has been trying to work around that issue which is how you've ended up with these odd settings for the firmware.

Aaron

thanks aaronharrison for your help and i will do up-grade for all ip phone model firmware not compatible with firmware mension on the linkyou sent it to me . thanks againe and I appreciate that you .
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: