Helpful
Replies

Cannot enable Span to PC port on IP Phone

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have enabled the "Span to PC Port" in CUCM8.5.1,

but when I press the IP Phone 7970 > Setting > Device Configuration > Ethernet Configuration

It shows the "Span to PC Port" is "No"

Any one know what is the problem ? and how can I enable the Span to PC Port on hard phone?

IP Phone 7970

Load File SCCP70.9-1-1SR1S

Thanks

Sam

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

thanks, it works now after reset the phone, i thought the "Apply Config" work the same way... but actually it's not

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: