Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increased Camera Support

Can anyone from Cisco give us any indication of future camera support for VSOM?

I am seeing more and more megapixel plus cameras hitting the market and would like to have some options.  Right now there are many magapixel cameras availble that compete with the 26XX series on price that we would like to be able to use in installations.

For instance I have been looking at the Axis M1054 for interior remote office locations.  It seems to me that the direct competitor to this camera in Cisco's lineup would either in the 4000 series, but I can't use those at 1280x720 with VSVM per the datasheets on those models.  I would have to use them at 1920x1080 which is greater than my need.  You can't compare the 5011's to this particular Axis model because the specs are much better on the 5011.

We have some Axis 233d's installed and they have worked well, but they are D1 max resolution.  Axis has a Q60 series that has 1 and 2.1 MP cameras for PTZ applications.

The only ACTi camera that is supported is the 2120 which has 4CIF max resolution.  ACTi has some pretty impressive cameras in different styles that are MP+ that we would like to test.

The network infrastructure is available, the storage is available, we just need more pixels!

4 Replies 4

Is there no one on the internal support team that can respond to this question?

The best people to talk to about future support would be your account team.  They could get you the supported devices for VSM 7.0

That sounds like what you're looking for.

Just went to the Cisco Physical Security Summit on Tuesday. The camera product manager, Neeraj, would not commit to any new cameras in the next year. It's the custom camera driver program for now. We are anxious for a new offering as well.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

This is disappointing.  I have sent an inquiry to my account team to see if they can provide any additional input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: