Views
Helpful
Replies

Check the MSC Hardware

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

My customer have Cisco CUCM 7.1.5 cluster that contains five servers distributed in different sites , last week one of this sites had a problem in power and the UPS was down , the power was unstable for two hours , which affects on the server as the CUCM application was damaged .

the customer install the CUCM on this server , checked the cluster replication was bad .

I tried to solve the replication problem for more than six hours but it was not solved ,so we removed this server from the cluster and the replication now is good .

my question is , is there any utility tool to check the server hardware ? as the customer requested to check it after the power problem .

the server is MCS-7835-I3-IPC1 .

Thanks and Best Regards

Ahmed Ellboudy | CCIE # 30079 Voice      

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, you have couple of things you can do:

• look in BIOS
  • do "show hardware" in CLI and other platform related cli commands

but, server health would have nothing to do with CUCM DB replication, if the application comes up, but replication is not working, you need to troubleshooting the replication process not hardware, I suggest you search this forum for numerous threads on this topic as there is few different approaches to rebuilding replication, if that does not solve your issue open TAC case.

HTH,

Chris