I have what I hope is a simple question. I have CUCM 8.5(1) and CUPS 8.6(3) deployed. My question is about phone presence status in the CUPS Presence Viewer application.
In my configuration I can see the presence status of an individual phone line when that line is on a call but when that phone is not on a call the Presence Status displays as "Unavailable". Further, when looking at the user's devices in CUPS Presence Viewer I can see the associated lines but they are displayed as "unknown".
Shouldn't I be able to see an available status when the phone line is idle?
I have checked and configured the following:
1. Presence groups and inter-presence group subscriptions are allowed
2. CUPS SIP Trunk is provisioned with appropriate SIP profile mods
3. CUCM Call Manager service has associated CUPS trunk
4. Users are associated to the line(s) under test
5. Presence CSS's are defined in a manner that should allow presence viewing
AFAIK it's always worked like that - unless a user explicitly logs in to a presence client, he's not 'available'. i.e. the presence of a line on the system isn't enough to make him 'available'.
So he has to log in to CUPC or Phone Messenger (urgh) to be 'available'.
Being based on EM status, CFA status, or inactivity timers on the user's lines would seem like a good idea but I don't think the functionality is there. Of course, it might be - the documentation for this product has always left a fair amount to the imagination.