Views
Helpful
Replies

can't call 5-digit numbers ??

mohican4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have call manager 8.5 installed and a route pattern that route all calls to the gateway. No restrictions. I can make local calls , international calls and calls to mobile phones but I can't call 5-digit numbers. I get external line with 0 and when I hit the first 2 numbers I get busy tone. i live in Greece and all local numbers and mobile numbers have 10 digits. Local numbers start with 21XXXXXXXX and mobile numbers start with 69XXXXXXXX. Information numbers which is 5-digit numbers start with 1XXXX

My route pattern is 0@

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick,

When you are using the 0.@ route pattern this infers that you need a dial plan

You should use the correct dial plan for your country

But you do need to set up the correct route filters

As you seem to be able to use the 0.@ pattern with NANP for the majority of your calls it

may be better to leave it alone

Try adding the route pattern 0.1XXXX as I suggested and drop the "0" at the appropriate location - may be

you already use a 0T destination on your dia peer in the router.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This sounds like you have a "route filter" missing for 1XXXX numbers.

I am not sure about the Greek dial plan and if these calls are regarded as "Service"

You could try just ading a route pattern in the correct partition and point at the route list

Pattern 0.1XXXX ----> PSTN Route List or Gateway. Check the ROUTE URGENT field.

The other solution would be to create a Route Filter that matches the type of call probably "Service" or "Local 5 Digit"

clauses chosen as EXISTS

HTH

Alex

Ok.

I'll give it a try with the route pattern.

Should I have Greece Dial Plan installed for the route filter??? Because I have only North American Dial Plan .

Hi Patrick,

When you are using the 0.@ route pattern this infers that you need a dial plan

You should use the correct dial plan for your country

But you do need to set up the correct route filters

As you seem to be able to use the 0.@ pattern with NANP for the majority of your calls it

may be better to leave it alone

Try adding the route pattern 0.1XXXX as I suggested and drop the "0" at the appropriate location - may be

you already use a 0T destination on your dia peer in the router.

Regards

Alex

Yes I use a 0T on the dial peer.

Does this affect it? Should I remove it?

What should I do?

Patrick,

No --- do not remove it

Just send the 0.1XXXX pattern to the gateway direct or via your PSTN route list

HTH

Alex

I added the route pattern and I still can't call 5-digit numbers.

I hear a message from the provider that says that I can't make that call.

I called the provider customer service and they told me that's somethong wrong from my side.

How can I check what digits are being sent to the provider ?

from the router?

Perform a debug on the voice gateway.  What type of circuit do you have for your service?

Alos, what protocol are you using to control it, if SIP/H323 make sure you have matching dial peers pointing to the circuit(s) on the GW.

Chris

I have a E1 PRI line.

I am using mgcp gateway.

How can I debug the voice gateway?

"Debug Isdn q931" works with MGCP as well, here are the steps:

ssh/telnet to the GW

1. enter "debug isdn q931"
  2. enter "term mon"
  3. make the call

Chris

I have talked with the telephony provider and they told me that when I am calling a 5-digit number (let's say 13800) they get 113800 which means my callmanager or router is adding a "1". That's strange because I don't have any rule that does that nor something similar. Any ideas??

Review your Route Pattern, Route Lists, Gateway to ensure you are not prefixing the digit anywhere there.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: