Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 installation on UCS 210 M1 is failing

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've a UCCX 8.5 installation on UCS 210 M1 which keeps on failing.

Got the UCCX 8.5 bootable media (UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.11002-22.sgn.iso) from Cisco and tried it with different OVA templates. The installation is failing with following error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------Critical Error-----

The hardware you are using is not supported for this product.

Installation will now halt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried various OVA templates but same result:

• UCCX-300_agents_v1.0_vmv7.ova
  • UCCX_8.5.1_VMV7_v2.1
  • UCCX_8.x_VM8_v2.2.ova

I checked the UCCX compatibility guide and UCS 210 M1 is listed as supported for my version of UCCX. Has anyone seen it before? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kapil

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your ESXi version?

Chris

EXSi 4.0

I referred Read me for OVA 2.0, it seems it needs ESXi 4.1. Read me for OVA 2.1 and 2.2 states it needs ESXi 5.0.

As per READ ME for "UCCX-300_agents_v1.0_vmv7.ova" ESXi 4.0 is supported however it is failing too.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Yeah, I see that too. I never used M1 server for UCCX only M2s without any issues for CCX 8.0 and 8.5, so not sure if that is the issue, but it clearly states M1 is supported.  Not sure what is going on here.

Chris

In case others are facing this issue, I engaged TAC. The engineer found everything was compatible and supported but suspected the installer media to be bad. Aarranged a new media and everything went smooth and fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: