Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of range component = Volt

lbellicaud
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error:

OutOfRange::Component=VOLT-141.1.9.1/12044 [Te2/9/3 Supply Voltage Sensor];ComponentClass=VoltageSensor;ComponentEventCode=1080;HighThreshold=5.0;Status=OK;

CurrentValue=0.0;LowThreshold=1.0;entSensorValue=0;RelativeVoltageThreshold=0.0  %;

I know that is a voltage issue on Te2/9/3 and that is is out of range but this is port trunk with not Poe.

How do you fix the issue?

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What platform (hardware type and software version please) is the volatage sensor on?

If you issue "show environment" on the device CLI, does the device believe the voltage to be out of range?

I ask becasue there is a known bug with ASRs, for instance, that causes similar alarms (LMS doesn't match device sensor settings).

Hi Marvin,

Platform: C6509VSS

Version: 122-33.SXI3

In the show environment, i don't have a problem!

I see the Bug with C2900 and Asr, ma be the problem is the same with 6500 ?

It sounds like you may have found a bug with that platform. You'd have to open a TAC case to have them confirm.

Hi,

I noticed this error on all Ten Gig 10SR after put 6500 in VSS mode. When VSS was disabled, the errors gone.

I don't have access to TAC for my 6500, so I can't have a chance to submit a support case.

Your additional description further confirms my suspicion that you're seeing a bug.

Unfortunately, without SMARTnet (TAC support) you'll just have to live with this problem. I always strongly recommend customers keep core infrastructure under a support contract.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: