cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug Reports?

matthew1471
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, My SG300-10 switch rebooted this morning while I was eating my breakfast cereal. The main difference from normal operation (where I don't get crashes) is that the port to the router was suspended due to port security and the switch wasn't getting an IP address from DHCP anymore (and so was correctly flashing the status LED).

Noticed in the event log around this time:

21474775992012-Jan-25 08:16:20Emergency %NT_LLDP-F-ILLEGAL_VALUE: LLDP handleIpChange: hash error   ***** FATAL ERROR *****  Reporting Task: BRMN. Software Version: 1.1.2.0 (date  12-Nov-2011 tim e  23:34:26) 0x169bbc 0x166760 0x696a80 0x475f3c 0x47b408 0x47b5c4 0x6ce76c 0x6d8314 0x5e7924 0x121d84 %LINK-W-Down:  gi1 %LINK-W-Down:  gi2 %LINK- W-Down:  gi3 %LINK-W-Down:  gi4 %LINK-W-Down:  gi5 %LINK-W-Down:  gi6 %LINK-W-Down:  gi7 %LINK-W-Down:  gi8 %LINK-W-Down:  gi9 %LINK-W-Down:  gi10 %BOOT P_DHCP_CL-W-DHCPIPCANDIDATE: The device is waiting for IP address verification on interface Vlan 1 , IP 192.168.1.254, mask 255.255.255.0, DHCP server 192.168.1

Interesting the error mentions LLDP as I have it disabled.

Anyone care about this? I am *not* a small business, I am a private individual. I have however bought a small business switch, so I appreciate there is not really the right support number for me to ring.

In my case, the suspended port bounced back on reboot (which I didn't realise would happen) the switch grabbed an IP and all was healthy again.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here are the global support options: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

hello Matthew1471,

If you have a switch that is under warranty then you can call the same number as everyone else 1-866-606-1866. If you have or have anyone else that is having the issue please call in so we can further diagnosis the issue.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Hi Randy,

I'm in the UK and the support team are only open while I am at work. Is it possible to report online?

Here are the global support options: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Besides that, what firmware version are you running?

Wait, what?  This post is 4 years old?  WTF?

I noticed after I'd replied that while it happened again in a slightly newer firmware, the event entry was from the Flash and from a VERY long time ago. I'm happy a newer firmware has either fixed it or it's now irrelevant (I haven't used Port Security for a long time).

Either way, listing an easy to find link to the support page I think still helps the thread, so thank you :-).

Regards,
Matthew