cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent not showing up: restart services

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Running 8.02 SU4.  We moved an agent into a new team, and they aren't showing up in that team.  I've double checked the config, logged in/out of Supervisor Desktop..still nothing.

I imagine we may need to restart some services. Does anyone know which service I should restart, and if that would affect logged in agents? I know some

Desktop Services can be restarted without agents knowing, but some kick agents out.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please refer to the following defect, this was found in 8.0 and is supposed to be fixed in SU4

CSCto59101

-Restart the cisco desktop synch service after the manual synch of directory services on both servers

Also make sure that the primary server is in Master status

Let me know if this does the trick

Thanks,

Prashanth

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

prashraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

If this is an existing agent, which has been moved to a new team.

-Please synchronize the directory services from the Cisco Desktop Admin Screen.

-Close out Cisco Supervisor desktop

-Relogin and check if the agent is displayed in the CSD

Thanks,

Prashanth

Hi Prashanth,

Yes, existing agent.  And we've done that (sync, log out and back in).  Agent is still in the wrong team.

Should I restart some services next?

Hi Bill,

Is this a HA server setup?

Also was the agent reskilled, this might be a known defect, please provide these answers and I will send you the exact service to be restarted

Thanks,

Prashanth

Yes -- HA, and the agent was reskilled.

Please refer to the following defect, this was found in 8.0 and is supposed to be fixed in SU4

CSCto59101

-Restart the cisco desktop synch service after the manual synch of directory services on both servers

Also make sure that the primary server is in Master status

Let me know if this does the trick

Thanks,

Prashanth

Thanks for the defect ID.  Does restarting cisco desktop synch service cause any impact to active agents?

Not that I am aware of, but you can try it during off hours just to be on the safer side

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: