Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cisco ASA5510 Clientless webportal problem

Unanswered Question
Jan 26th, 2012
User Badges:

hi.

i have a strange problem.

i have Redundant ASA5510 setup (active/passive)

users have been using IPsec and SSL vpn for a long time without any problem.

now some users want to be able to access bookmarks and company data through the Web portal.

i have enabled Clientless SSL VPN Access, and created a Connection profile, with clientless SSL VPN protocol enabled

when i access to outside of the ASA, im promtet for login, and after succesful login, it starts to download and install the Anyconnect client. and the portal never appers, i have change the option "default post login selection" to go to clientless SSL VPN portal, but i has no effect.

what am im missing ??, i have enabled the service before on other ASA firewall, without any problem, as i recall there`s no need for additional software on the ASA.

i have tried to manuel change the url to https://Domain.domain.dk/+CSCOE+/portal.html , after a succesful login, but it auto changes to

https://Domain.domain.dk/+CSCOE+/noportal.html

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
RonJaws4-CTP Thu, 04/26/2012 - 05:41
User Badges:

Hopefully you have figured this out by now, its been a few months. I had the same problem. You must disable anyconnect essentials in order to use Clientless VPN. I recommend checking with TAC on your license situation first and also testing to ensure both clientless and client vpn work after you make the change. See the screenshot below.

I hope this helps

mpfau Sat, 03/09/2013 - 02:24
User Badges:

Hi Ron,

hi Dan,

I still run into the same problem after adding an AnyConnect Premium Peer License to an ASA which still have

AnyConnect Essentials License.

After configuring clientless vpn I run into the first issue: after successfully login with clientless vpn the anyconnect client downloader starts automatically every time. No matter that in every group-policy the 'Post Login Settings' are configured to 'Go to Clientless SSL VPN portal'.

I spent hours in troublehshooting and nothing helps. Even deleting all group-policies, tunnel-groups and webvpn configuration making the complete configuration step-by-step again is leading into the same problem.

Only when I toggle the 'Post Login Settings' to 'Prompt user to choose' I got the same issue as Dan:

Empty page on https://Domain.domain.de/+CSCOE+/portal.html

Then I found this thread and Rons answer. After disabling anyconnect essentials as Ron wrote the clientless vpn is working.

Many Thanks!

Michael

dear sir

i need help with the clientless web vpn configuration through ASA 5520 with 7.2

I've  done all the configuration on the asa and everything is working but  still a problem with the port-forwarding which is on the client side the  java don't wont to accept the certificate  is there a solution for this  problem

actually my goal for configuring the clientless webvpn is to allow telnet and remote desktop sessions 

hope there is an answer

Actions

This Discussion