Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant execute show command via ssh to IPS module

pemasirid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We having two IPS ssm module with version 7.0(3)E3, we can access the IPS via SSH but we can not give any command except show version. When we give other commands it gets hang. Moreover we can not access it thorugh IDM/ASDM even.

But we can give all show command when we access via sessioning from ASA. ???

Regards

8 Replies 8

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

If you have not tried rebooting the sensor yet, you should try that now.

If that doesn't help, you can reimage it.

- Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your time and reply on this. Yes we did couple of time reboot but no success. We didnt think of software upgrad/re-image because we can access it when we session from ASA.?

Is there any other workaround before we go for upgrade.?

Your module has a problem. You want to determine if it's a hardware or software problem.

Most likely this is a software issue, but to prove it, you need to re-image your sensor. You don;t have to upgrade your software, you can re-install the same image.You can also back up your current config into a text file and paste it back in.

- Bob

integreon
Level 1
Level 1

Login to ASA CLI and enter

hw-module module 1 reload

hi Integreon,

Thanks we did this but stil the same issue..?

Are you running 7.0(3)E3 or 7.0(3)E4 version? I do not see any 7.0(3)E3 version in cisco software download. Did you do any upgrade from E3 to E4? If yes, i would recommend you to downgrade this to 7.0(2)E3. You can perfrom this in your secondary box by not tampering your production.

He needs to run E4 in order to update the signatures on that module.

My apologies. You are right Rhermes.

Pemasirid, What is your current version. Can you upgrade it to 7.0(5a)E4 on the secondary box?

Regards,

Anton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card