Replacing Source Alias on VCS

Unanswered Question
Jan 30th, 2012

Hi

Is there a possibility to replace/overwrite/delete a source alias (H.323 Id or SIP URI) of a call on a VCS based on the original source alias?

All the tools on VCS like Transforms, Search Rules and even CPL only seem to change the destination alias.

Any examples would be appreciated if possible

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Stefan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
garvan_73 Mon, 01/30/2012 - 14:23

The FindMe option alllows for you to repalce the source URI with the Find me name

STEFAN CHRISTEN Mon, 01/30/2012 - 14:42

Hi Garvan

Thanks for the reply but FindMe won't help because the source alias is not that of a local user.

Regards

Stefan

CRuhnkeVpulse Thu, 07/19/2012 - 09:06

Since dial rules and transforms only apply to the destination address, if there are particular endpoints you want special treatment for you could have them use a unique prefix for all destinations they dial.  Regex can match the prefix and apply a rule.  It will not change the source alias.       

awinter2 Thu, 07/19/2012 - 09:19

Hi Stefan,

We are planning to include a new feature in VCS X7.2 which will allow you to rewrite source aliases using CPL.

X7.2 is due for release quite soon, and if everything goes to plan, you should find information about this feature in the X7.2 release notes once available.

Regards

Andreas

pillowhead Thu, 08/16/2012 - 17:04

I have installed VCS X7.2 and was wondering how I can rewrite the source alias using CPL. I have looked through the documentation and did not find an example of how to do this.

Thanks,

Derek

pillowhead Fri, 08/17/2012 - 10:38

Thanks, but I am still not sure what the syntax will be. When I receive a call from an H323 device, I see it as H323name@ip address. I want it to appear as H323name@domain.name . Could you fill in the blanks for me on what the syntax will be? None of the examples in the documentation show an example of a rule-switch and replace.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions " xmlns:xsi="

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance " xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

awinter2 Fri, 08/17/2012 - 17:40

Here is a basic example on how to do source rewrite via CPL:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

old-source@domain.com">

new-destination@domain.com" source-url-for-message="new-source@domain.com">

This CPL will match a call from an authenticated call from an endpoint with a source address of "old-source@domain.com", where the source alias is rewritten to "new-source@domain.com" and the destination alias is changed from whatever it was to "new-destination@domain.com". This is similar to what would happen when calling a FindMe alias and using FindMe source rewrite.

It is also possible to preserve the original destination alias when using the clause while rewriting the source alias, for example with

new-source@domain.com">

It would probably make the most sense to implement CPL source rewrite by using an external Policy Server in order to do rewriting dynamically, since you would need a relatively large static CPL script to perform rewriting for a high number of endpoints.

Hope this helps!

- Andreas

pillowhead Sat, 08/18/2012 - 12:10

Thank you for this info! I was to get it to do what I needed with this. The next step is how do I add another source and destination for other endpoints. Or is it possible to use a regex to maintain the source host name and just change the domain portion?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

awinter2 Sun, 08/19/2012 - 03:19

If you need to add more source/destination pairs, you can add more and sections, but as I mentioned, writing this manually and maintaining a static CPL file for doing this could get very cumbersome.

Instead you could implement a Policy server using your language of choice (PHP, Perl, Python and so forth) and automate this process.

- Andreas

rasimyigit Sun, 11/25/2012 - 00:33

Good Morning Andreas,

i need a same point for this case.

An Example: i want to call somebody with my address like peter.pan@company.com or peter.pan.movi@company.com

My proposation is, to call someone foreign or local and he see only a phantasie adress like unknown@company.com.

I tried with your cpl script. but it doesnt work. What is the entry for new-source@domain.com" ???

Thanks for your feedback

pillowhead Tue, 08/21/2012 - 00:17

Thanks for the info. Are there any policy servers already built for use with VCS that I can download?

rasimyigit Sun, 11/25/2012 - 00:36

Good Morning Andreas,

i need a same point for this case.

An Example: i want to call somebody with my address like peter.pan@company.com or peter.pan.movi@company.com

My proposation is, to call someone foreign or local and he see only a phantasie adress like unknown@company.com.

I tried with your cpl script. but it doesnt work. What is the entry for new-source@domain.com" ???

Thanks for your feedback

tomtanig Sun, 11/25/2012 - 17:06

The “new-source@domain.com” should be configured to “unknown@company.com”.

If you are looking for source alias replacement for call from either peter.pan@company.com and peter.pan.movi@company.com to external domain(s), then CPL may looks like follow;

========================================================================================

http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

peter.pan@company.com|peter.pan.movi@company.com)">

unknown@company.com">

========================================================================================

The “regex="(?!.*@%localdomains%) “ is indicating call destination that contain SIP domain which is not part of local VCS SIP domain configuration list.

This should simplify the CPL configuration if you are looking for CPL to rewrite sauce alias for multiple or all external domain calls.

Please note, source alias rewrite replace incoming alias to far end device (if redial from far end device, call will go through rewrite alias), but device name that display in far end device will still remain as original Endpoint configured name.

For example, far end device see as call come from peter.pan with alias of unknown@company.com, if call made from peter.pan@company.com to external device.

gubadman Mon, 11/26/2012 - 00:00

Hi Tomo,

Pattern matching variables such as %localdomains% are not supported in CPL.

The Admin guide -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-2.pdf - states (page 368) "The VCS makes use of pattern matching in a number  of its features, namely Allow Lists and Deny Lists, presearch transforms and when configuring search rules and zone transforms." It doesn't mention CPL or Call policy rules at all.

tomtanig Mon, 11/26/2012 - 00:31

Thanks Guy for pointing out this, I completely forgot about it when writing CPL.

tomtanig Mon, 11/26/2012 - 03:03

Try with this CPL.

===========================================================================

peter\.pan@company\.com|peter\.pan\.movi@company\.com)">

unknown@company.com">

===========================================================================

This CPL will replace source URL to “unknown@company.com” when and only when call initiate from either peter.pan@company.com or peter.pan.movi@company.com to URL that is not contain @company.com domain name (assume @company.com is internal domain and anything else are treat as external call).

rasimyigit Sun, 11/25/2012 - 21:43

Good Morning Tomonori,
I will try it this cpl. The cause for this cpl is, that nobody can call back to unknown@company.com. It should like a average central hotline number.
I will let you know about the behaviour if this cpl

Thank you very much

JensLantermann Mon, 11/26/2012 - 05:46

Hi everybody,

my hint for using an external policy server is.

1. make a new IIS publication on the tms.

2. write an asp script where you can check everything

It was a two day work now everything works perfectly.

But one question about this, the external policy server guide says, that only an allow or deny can be send back to the

vcs. Is there a chance to send them a new source-alias back?

Ok my question is not enough specified. How can I send a

unknown@company.com">

and the vcs uses this new location!?!?!?!

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Stats:
Replies:23 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2403 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: source, alias, vcs
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard