Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

where to store phones

Answered Question
Jan 31st, 2012
User Badges:

Hi,

I have cucm 8.5 installed and I wanted to know if there is a way to store phones numbers in a directory (phone book) so all employees in the company could access them. Is this possible with corporate directory? Or do I need third-party software?

Thank you

Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 5 years 6 months ago

With AD you can modify the filters to only bring users based on X parameters.

Otherwise you're pretty much looking at creating your own custom directory script that you'll manage and update.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Leonardo Tadeu Tue, 01/31/2012 - 03:17
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Yes, you can syncronize the CUCM with your Active Directory to import the user, or you create the users in CUCM database, but the telephone number field must be in a format that CUCM can route the call.

Thanks

mohican4me Tue, 01/31/2012 - 03:53
User Badges:

I don't want to create a user for every phone I store.

If I do that I will fill the AD with users which are not real users. Take in mind that I want to import about 1000 phone numbers.

shabeebmohammed Wed, 02/01/2012 - 02:52
User Badges:

If you require a corporate directory, then you will need these users to exist in the End-User page. There are only 2 methods as mentioned by leonardotadeu. i.e. either create the EndUsers manually or integrate with the AD.

In both these cases, you will have to add the DN numbers (either in the Enduser page or the User AD properties)

Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Wed, 02/01/2012 - 08:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

With AD you can modify the filters to only bring users based on X parameters.

Otherwise you're pretty much looking at creating your own custom directory script that you'll manage and update.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Actions

This Discussion