Views
Helpful
Replies

where to store phones

mohican4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cucm 8.5 installed and I wanted to know if there is a way to store phones numbers in a directory (phone book) so all employees in the company could access them. Is this possible with corporate directory? Or do I need third-party software?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With AD you can modify the filters to only bring users based on X parameters.

Otherwise you're pretty much looking at creating your own custom directory script that you'll manage and update.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, you can syncronize the CUCM with your Active Directory to import the user, or you create the users in CUCM database, but the telephone number field must be in a format that CUCM can route the call.

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

I don't want to create a user for every phone I store.

If I do that I will fill the AD with users which are not real users. Take in mind that I want to import about 1000 phone numbers.

If you require a corporate directory, then you will need these users to exist in the End-User page. There are only 2 methods as mentioned by leonardotadeu. i.e. either create the EndUsers manually or integrate with the AD.

In both these cases, you will have to add the DN numbers (either in the Enduser page or the User AD properties)

With AD you can modify the filters to only bring users based on X parameters.

Otherwise you're pretty much looking at creating your own custom directory script that you'll manage and update.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate