Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 1113 not booting from DVD ROM

Udupikrishna091
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a ACS 1113 appliance (4.2 ver), I am trying to recover the forgotten password, when i insert the disc and restart the SE it's not showing the prompt to recover the password, i checked the boot path and priority everything is fine, the recovery disc is also fine ther r no issues with that it has been created as a bootable disc, but still I am facing this issue, any ideas on this will be really helpful

HTH

krishna

4 Replies 4

hooperp
Level 1
Level 1

I am also encountering the same issue.  Can we get a response from Cisco on this topic?

Thanks.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There should not be any issues if the CD is bootable because for recovering administrator password if you're using a different code DVD, it would give you a prompt. What do you see on your serial/console screen when it boots up?

Also, where did you get this recovery DVD?

Also, make sure you're directly connected to ACS SE via serial/console connection. In case you are using some other application like KVM or all, please avoid and then try.

Recovering from Loss of Administrator Credentials

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine/admap.html#wp1038722

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

I have same issue with ACS5.0.2 on CSACS-1120-K9.

I am using same recovery/installation dvd which i got directly from cisco. checked boot options on ACS-1120.

Recovery DVD boots up properly when I tried on another machine  ( i.e. machine boots with DVD and gives me option for password recovery, but on ACS-1120,,NO LUCK).

I got a FIX, when I tried to boot CACS-1120-K9 with ACS5.1 recovery DVD,I could resetmy admin password and its okay now.

You can download the ACS5.1 revocery ISO from cisco download page.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: