mflanigan021
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with the following dial peers on a 15.1 CME router:

dial-peer voice 402 pots                  
corlist outgoing CORList-Mobile
description Outbound-SNPR-Mobile
translation-profile outgoing callerid
destination-pattern 98.......                   (9 digits entered)

port 0/0/0:15
forward-digits 8

dial-peer voice 404 pots
corlist outgoing CORList-TollFreeIntl
description Outbound-SNPR-TollFreeIntl
destination-pattern 9800.......                (11 digits entered)
port 0/0/0:15
forward-digits 10

The problem is that when an IP phone dials 98001101635 for example, dial peer 402 is selected instead of 404.  We have tried adding $ to the end of both peers, but behavior is the same.  It looks like the shorter pattern is matched, and selected, even though there is a longer and more specific peer available.  Is this expected behavior?  Suposedly, longest prefix is chosen, but that doesn't seem to be happening. 

I think I can work around by replacing peer 402 with a pair of peers, with dest patterns

98[1-9]......

and

98.[1-9].....

This should cause 9800 to fail the match, while allowing 9801 and 9810, but is there a a simpler way?  I believe I am correct in saying that the order of the peers is irrelevant, so I can't fix it by putting peer 404 ahead of 402 in config?

Any insights would be appreciated.  Dial peer selection still seems to murky despite all the CCO doc and discussions. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make the following change -

dial-peer voice 402 pots                 
destination-pattern 98.......T

you see this behavior because CME does dial-peer match digit by digit, and as soon as a dial-peer is matched with an exact match, call is routed using that dial-peer

Adding T, makes the dial peer wait for more digits and introduces inter digit timeout. If you see delay in 9 digit calls, try reducing the inter digit timeout.

--

Udit

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Delete dial-peer 402, and re-add it, sometimes the order of them matters even though it is not suppose to. Alos, I am assuming both cor-lists are accessible, right?

Chris

Chris,

Thanks.  If memory serves, the customer did try re-ordering the peers, but I'll ask him to try again.  The cor-lists have been

checked, and should be OK

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make the following change -

dial-peer voice 402 pots                 
destination-pattern 98.......T

you see this behavior because CME does dial-peer match digit by digit, and as soon as a dial-peer is matched with an exact match, call is routed using that dial-peer

Adding T, makes the dial peer wait for more digits and introduces inter digit timeout. If you see delay in 9 digit calls, try reducing the inter digit timeout.

--

Udit

Udit,

Thanks.  I'll pass that on to the customer, and post the results

The issue was resolved - the customer ended up applying the dial-peer alterations I suggested, but I don;t knw if he tried any of the other suggestions.  Thanks to all for help.

It´s really difficult to fix the problems about it on CME. For example, I have this patterns on my dial-peers:

91..    (information and emergency numbers: 107, 133, etc)

9T      (international calls and internal extensions: 123-0-525550810082, 171-0-346770810082, 17XX, 26XX)

In both of them are very similar and I understand the CME chooses the first, so I´d have the overlapping problem. How could you solve this design? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: