it says that the cisco sg300-28 managed switch default system mode is Layer 2. but i want to change it to layer 3.
i have read the admin guides and googled it already but i can't get inside the "Console Interface Main Menu" where the switching from L2 to L3 will be done.
I have done the ff:
1. Upgraded firmware to 126.96.36.199 (latest)
2. Reset the switch to factory defaults.
3. The guide stated that in order to perform telnet to the switch, you need to enable it. So I logged in first in to the web GUI and enable telnet service.
4. I can now start telnet on the switch but I can't see the "Switch main menu".
All I can see are these lines from telnet:
I just want to know how to get into the console interface main menu where these lines should appear so that i can change the system mode:
• System Configuration Menu
• Port Status
• Port Configuration
• System Mode
Are there any commands from the telnet? or did i missed something?
Please help. Thank you.
STEP 5 Enter username/password. The default username and password is cisco/cisco.
STEP 6 Enter the command debug-mode, then press Enter, then enter the command
menu. The Login displays. Press Ctrl-R to refresh the Menu CLI Login or to jump
to the Menu CLI Login from any other window.
What if you type "menu" or hit ? to see what posibilities you have there.
Does it helps?