Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phonebook against LDAP Directory

JensLantermann
Level 1
Level 1

Morning,

we plan to use a real LDAP Directory as Phonebooksource.

To connect via the AD it' no problem, but the user at LDAP has another format.

AD : <<domain>>\<<username>>

LDAP : CN=videoUnit,CN=Abo,CN=Accounts,CN=System,CN=Apps,O=company,C=DE

At this format I have tried a lot of.

But nothing seems to work, does anybody know these problem?

Greetings

Jens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, not really I'm afraid I just need to know specifically the type of LDAP your trying to connect to, if it's not AD.. And what type of PB Source in TMS are you trying to utilise when your trying to connect to this LDAP, i.e. AD, H350 Directory, H350 User Directory?

And if I understand you correctly, you say you can connect successfully to say AD but not this particular LDAP which isn't AD but something else...correct?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jens,

What specific source type are you using in TMS to create the Phone Book (PB) source? What kind of specific ldap are we talking about here, i.e. real LDAP Directory?

Hi Dale,

I'm not the admin of the LDAP.But I think it is a generic AD-LDAP.

But to every AD-LDAP I could connect with the domain account.

To these LDAP I got all the time a username and password error.

The LDAP-admin verifies that I have to logon with the CN..... Accountname.

Is that what you want to know?

No, not really I'm afraid I just need to know specifically the type of LDAP your trying to connect to, if it's not AD.. And what type of PB Source in TMS are you trying to utilise when your trying to connect to this LDAP, i.e. AD, H350 Directory, H350 User Directory?

And if I understand you correctly, you say you can connect successfully to say AD but not this particular LDAP which isn't AD but something else...correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: