cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Non-working number message

MBrooksAirIT
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to generate a message similar to "you have reached a non-working number" from within CUCM? We have a DN with corresponding DID and need CUCM to generate this message. I have tested and in a pinch we can just utilize the Telco-generated message by tearing down the DN config, but would like to do this internally if possible. CUCM v6.1(4).

Thanx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No mailbox needed, you create a call handler for this.

Chris

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have an voicemail system? You can send it to it and play any recording you want.

You can also define a blocking route pattern for it and it would play one of the annouciator's messages.

Chris

fjlopezderego
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what you want to configure but, if you configure a route pattern with the block option, you can choose between some prerecorded messages (I think there is one that says invalid number or something like that).

MBrooksAirIT
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity. But to play a VM message would imply a mailbox is configured which takes up a license correct?

The route pattern with block option is interesting. Can you point me to a config doc? or give me the steps necessary?

Thanx

No mailbox needed, you create a call handler for this.

Chris

And the call handler can be either pointed to a canned message, or we can record a custom message?

You would have to record it, or download something from the web and upload it as the greeting, you can even build a menu off of it, i.e. to connect to an operator press 1, etc.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanx Chris. I believe this will be exactly what we need.

Hi Michael,

You can find the doc about route pattern in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03rtpat.html. An example:

1.- Configure a route pattern with pattern 1000 and any partition (there should not be any other device/dn with this number).

2.- Check the Block this pattern checkbox

3.- Choose one of the messages

4.- Done. Every time a phones tries to call number 1000, it will hear the selected message and the call will be disconnected.

If you want you can configure a route pattern with the same extension than a user's phone but a different partition so, depending on the order of the partitions in the CSS of the calling device, the call will be sent to the Route Pattern or to the phone.

Sounds like the Call Handler is the easier option. Do you agree fjlopezderego?

In my opinion, the route pattern is easier. The routing configuration (configure the CSSs to match the phone's DN or the Invalid prompt depending on the origin of the call) must be performed in both cases. After this configuration is done:

Option a) Create the route pattern

Option b) Create a new hunt pilot associated with the VoiceMail Hunt List (probable)

Create and configure the Call Handler

Record the prompt

Configure a Direct/Forwarded Routing Rule to route the call to the Call Handler (probable)

But it's your decision!

In going back over the discussion, it does appear that a route pattern with block option is probably the simpler, more elegant solution. I want to be clear though as I am somewhat confused: the message should be played for external, inbound calls to the CUCM. I configured a route pattern for the DN 1234567, set the route list, checked "Block this pattern," and selected the "Unallocated number" option. But when I call 1234567 from my cell it rings through and I am able to answer. What did I miss?

Thanx

Is the route pattern assigned to a parition that is listed in the GWs Calling Search Space?

Chris

You are probably configuring a CSS in the gateway where the dn's partition is in a higher position than the translation pattern's partition (or it is not assigned)

Initially, I built the pattern with no partition. I was able to receive the call on 1234567. I then put it in a route partition that is in the GW's CSS. Still able to receive a call on 1234567. Now, this may change things a bit: the GW is a RL. That RL has a RG in it that contains both of our PRI ports. Both of these ports are in a CSS that contains the partition the route pattern is in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: