Replies

How to terminate a vlan on ASR 9000 and bridge it to a port on asr 9000

jalalyounus
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys;

so here is another issue i have.

Scenario:

a switch in the north is trunking a VLAN for a client at our central site. The switch in north site is a 3560 and central site node is ASR 9000.

This vlan is extended along with few others to distribution switch (7609) and from there teh same VLAN is trunked to a 2960 device at the same site as that of ASR. The idea is to carry the vlan from teh reote site to teh ASR at our central site and then bridge it to a seperate port on ASR and hook this port up to our fibre patch panel, hence providing a service to the client connecting to us at our northern site and then getting connected to teh internet service provider via teh patch panel.

Since we can not make a port on ASR an access port, i am not sure how we can do the above mentioned interconnect.

please assisst.

regards

9 Replies 9

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jalal,

Here the configuration example:

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.100 l2transport

encapsulation dot1q 100

rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric

!

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1

l2transport

!

!

l2vpn

!

bridge group cust1

bridge-domain cust1

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.100

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1

!  

• GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1 is the access port (untagged).
  • interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.100 accepts tagged frames with vlan 100.
  • L2vpn bridge-domain cust1 connects both interfaces together.
  • GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.100 has tag rewrite operation. Removing tag on ingress, so sending untagged to GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1, and pushing tag 100 on egress, so untagged frames from gi0/0/0/1 got tagged.

Regards,

/A

Thanks alot boss...

so do i use global config mode or  go to interface level (specially for bridge domain and bridge group?

regards

It's in global config (well, in l2vpn config mode actually):

l2vpn

bridge group

bridge-domain

for more details, check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.7/mpls/configuration/guide/gc37vpls.html

Best regards,

Max

Thanks guys. The configs just had to be modified a little as i already had a bridge group which was using the same port as an ethernet flow point.

Much appreciated!

Thanks again and regards

Hi jalal younus

Could you show me the final configuration you used? I have a similar case ( https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3553558#3553558 ) and I really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

i've replied to you in your thread.

regards,

/A

sure here is what i have:

interface GigabitEthernet0/2/0/34

description xxx-2

transceiver permit pid all

l2transport

!

bridge group xxx

bridge-domain xxx

interface Bundle-Ether99.526

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/2/0/34 -------------> just added this new interface to the existing bridge group.

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/2/0/33.526

so what i achieved here is that  the interface Bundle-Ether99.526 acts as an EFP(where i terminate the x-connect or extended vlan from the the remote site) . I am then briding this interface with the GigabitEthernet0/2/0/3 and connecting it to the patch pannel inturn.

I hope it helps.

regards

Thank you very much!!

It was a great help.

Regards

Hi marhifer,

Please help me to configure a telnet configuration in my ASR 9k. Is this the right step for creating telnet in ASR ?

vty-pool pool1 7 80 line-template xan

line template xan

{

}

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: