Views
Helpful
Replies

Solution for home office VPN

Ruterford
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am deciding what to put as a remote teleworker endpoint router, they will be working from homes.

So I need something to act as a home router, having ezvpn or dmvpn capabilities to connect to the HQ.

I am considering SR520 or ISR 800 series. Also was thinking on RVL200, but I will need IOS.  What would be the better option?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Based on your budget, you can use 800 or any other supported router. As you have many options here, I suggest you speak to you cisco account rep/authorised reseller. They should be able to provide you with better solution.Just to share with you, We have ASA5510 at HQ as eayvpn server and home users get ASA5510 with base license. Both work PC and phone connect back to our network using ezvpn tunnel. This works great.

hth

MS

Thanks for the reply.

I see that you are suggesting ISR 800, but what could be wrong with the SR520?

I suppose they would be cheaper than the ISR 800 series.

Hi,

I never implemented myself but remember seeing postings in the forum with ref to 800 being VPN server. Never worked on SR520 as wll but if Iam correct, Cisco announced end of life/support dates for SR520. I wouldn't invest in the gear with EOL announced.

Thx

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: