cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Configuration - SRP547

rolandomenendez
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get any configuration parameters to work on my SRP547 for VOIP. ADSL2 works fine. Equipment replaces a ya.com (Arcadyan ARV4518PW) which worked ine albeit with significantly less features. Problems encountered due to the lack of equivalents for some parameters and an overabundance in the new unit which simply don't exist in the Arcadyan product.

The only items listed in the current equipment configuration are:

X = ID'ed in CRP547

Activated: X

User ID: X

Display Name: X

Password: X

Use Auth ID: X

Auth ID: X

SIP Domain:  ????

Listen Port: assume SIP Port

Listen VC: ???

Proxy Server: X

Proxy Port: X

Use Outbound Proxy: X

Ourbound Proxy Port: X

Registar Expire: X

DTMF Mode Outband (RFC 2833) - can't find equivalent

DNS SRV: X

Registratuin Query: X

Available Codecs: X

I don't know if just identifying the above is sufficient to make it work or does the service provider need to supply more parameters.

Thanks,

Rolando

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rolando,

I'd be surprised if it were not possible to get your service registered and working with the SRP540.  I suggest that you open a case with the Small Business Support Center who will be able to help you further.  See the following link for more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13268

You should check that DNS is configured on your SRP (to ensure that the proxy address is being resolved correctly). 

Beyond that, the packet capture diagnostic and/or system logging can be used to diagnose the reason why this is not working further.

By the way - as I mentioned before, RFC2833 DTMF is referred to as AVT in the configuration interface.  This is enabled by default, so should be used automatically if required by your service.

Best Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rolando,

Listen Port is Voice > Line n > SIP Settings > SIP Port.  (The SIP essentially has a separate SIP User Agent per FXS port, so each line would have a different SIP Port number.

Listen VC would effectively be the same as setting the "default voice route" on the Interface Setup page.

The DTMF method AVT (see Line Audio configuration) is essentially the same as RFC2833).

Typically, only the following fields are required beyond the factory defaults for setting up a "typical" VoIP service:

Proxy (this address is used for both registration and proxy services)

User ID

Password

Outbound Proxy may also be required if provided by your service provider.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

First of all thank you for the fast response. I've tried what you say yet still can't get it to work. I should have put what they have instead of an x so below is the list. The reason is that some fields that were filled in the previous router have a configuration that is different to default on the 547.  I've tried both with default on the 547 and changing the values as listed in the previous router. What should I try next?

Activated:YES

User ID: +34937928932

Display Name: +34937928932

Password: ******

Use Auth ID: YES

Auth ID: 937928932

SIP Domain:  voipd.ya.com

Listen Port: assume SIP Port - 5060

Listen VC: Default VC Route

Proxy Server: proxy.voip.ya.com

Proxy Port: 5060

Use Outbound Proxy: NO

Ourbound Proxy Port: BLANK

Registar Expire: 4500 (default on SRP is 3600)

DTMF Mode - Outband (RFC 2833) - can't find equivalent

DNS SRV: ENABLE

Registratuin Query: ENABLE

Available Codecs: 726.16,726.24, 726.32, 726.40, 729, PCMA

Again, thanks for helping me sort this out.

Rolando

Hi Andrew,

Any thoughts on what to do. The only option left is to return the equipment as its not valid for my needs. I am trying to have all Cisco in my network with two other switches that work fine. As you work for Cisco, is there a number I can call for support. I live in Spain but can speak english so UK or US location is fine.

Thanks in advanc for your help.

Rolando

Hi Rolando,

I'd be surprised if it were not possible to get your service registered and working with the SRP540.  I suggest that you open a case with the Small Business Support Center who will be able to help you further.  See the following link for more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13268

You should check that DNS is configured on your SRP (to ensure that the proxy address is being resolved correctly). 

Beyond that, the packet capture diagnostic and/or system logging can be used to diagnose the reason why this is not working further.

By the way - as I mentioned before, RFC2833 DTMF is referred to as AVT in the configuration interface.  This is enabled by default, so should be used automatically if required by your service.

Best Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Thank you ver much for the link. Just spent quite a bit of time with Liliya Todorova from the small business support team helping me with the process to a happy ending. Very happy with how she helped me on this and hopefully I mention it so it gets recognized.

Regards,

Rolando

Great news Rolando!

If it's practical to do so, please share the solution here so that others might benefit in the future.

Best Regards,

Andy

Hello Andrew,

I worked with Rolando on this issue. Basically the problem was caused of incorrect account information. Here are the settings that solved the issue:

Proxy: voipd.ya

Outbound proxy: proxy.voip.ya.com

Use Outbound Proxy: Yes

Use OB Proxy In Dialog:  Yes

Register:    Yes

Make Call Without Reg:   No

Register Expires:   3600

Ans Call Without Reg:   No

Display Name:   +34xxxxxxxxx

User ID:  +34xxxxxxxxx

Password:   

Use Auth ID:   Yes

Auth ID:   same as user ID but without +34

Regards,

Lili

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: