cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete user - Unity Connection

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

When I try to delete a specific user in Unity Connection (2.1.2.1000-380) I get the following error.

"Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use"

I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.

Tried the solution in this document...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_tech_note09186a0080b35d01.shtml

But when I run the "run cuc dbquery.." command all I get is

Can't load driver java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Command failed

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this standalone CUC or CUMBE?

By the fact you can't even run the qry maybe a restart would help.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry this is business edition. I'll try a reboot if I have a chance.

OK, since this is BE deleting users is not done via CUC Admin, but CUCM Admin

Modifying or Deleting Individual User  Accounts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac_cmbe/guide/6xcucmbemac110.html

Deleting Individual User Accounts

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (CMBE), you  delete Cisco Unity Connection user accounts in Cisco Unified CM  Administration. (Use the applicable User Management page to find the  user or application user, then delete.)

To learn more about deleting Connection accounts in Cisco Unified CM  Administration, see the online Help, or the "End User Configuration" and  "Application User Configuration" chapters of the Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide.

Note the following considerations for deleting an account:

If a user account is referenced  by other objects in the Cisco Unity Connection (for example, if the user  is set to be a recipient of messages left in an interview handler, or  if a call handler is set to transfer incoming calls to the user phone),  you will not be allowed to delete the user account until you have  changed settings on the other objects to remove references to the user  account you want to delete. If you try to delete a user account without  first changing settings on objects that reference the user account, the  delete operation will fail.

An administrator is prohibited  from deleting his or her own account.

When you delete the account of a  user with a voice mailbox, that user will be automatically deleted from  the All Voice Mail Users distribution list.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The user was deleted from the CUCM admin. The problem is it still shows in the Unity admin and won't let me delete it and I get.

"Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use"

Bump. Any help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: