cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wall mounting

endaf.jones
Level 1
Level 1

We're wanting to wall mount some of the SPA 30x and 5xx phones.  There are the classic dual mounting holes for a mounting plate, but all of the plates that I have found in various hardware stores have the RJ11/45 jack slightly raised.  While I don't care if I use the builting jack or I run a sperate CAT5 line, I do need someway of conviently mounting the phone.  The problem is that back of the phones between the mounting holes is flush and do not permit this raised RJ11/45 jack.

Other than drilling two screws manually into the drywall and mounting the phones, what have others done?

It would be nice on a future phone redeisgn to provide a recess in the back of the phone to accept the RJ11/45 jack sticking up.

3 Replies 3

klogata
Level 1
Level 1

There is a mounting bracket that is recommended for the phones if you are going to attach them to the wall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10043/index.html

I don't have one myself but I would assume the jack isn't a problem with the design of the bracket.

Ahh yes, I had forgotten about that.  It bit pricy for the task (20% of the phone cost) but it would work.

Sorry, I didn't know the cost. The only other thing I have seen people do with the phones is your first idea of using screws in drywall. Maybe someone else will answer with another idea....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: