Wall mounting

Unanswered Question
Feb 9th, 2012

We're wanting to wall mount some of the SPA 30x and 5xx phones.  There are the classic dual mounting holes for a mounting plate, but all of the plates that I have found in various hardware stores have the RJ11/45 jack slightly raised.  While I don't care if I use the builting jack or I run a sperate CAT5 line, I do need someway of conviently mounting the phone.  The problem is that back of the phones between the mounting holes is flush and do not permit this raised RJ11/45 jack.

Other than drilling two screws manually into the drywall and mounting the phones, what have others done?

It would be nice on a future phone redeisgn to provide a recess in the back of the phone to accept the RJ11/45 jack sticking up.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
endaf.jones Thu, 02/09/2012 - 10:21

Ahh yes, I had forgotten about that.  It bit pricy for the task (20% of the phone cost) but it would work.

klogata Thu, 02/09/2012 - 14:40

Sorry, I didn't know the cost. The only other thing I have seen people do with the phones is your first idea of using screws in drywall. Maybe someone else will answer with another idea....

This Discussion