cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP over internet

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

We have two WLC 5508 and i want to know if it is possible to get an accesspoint ( eg. 1131) to connect to a controller over internet, without VPN-connection. I have read documents about HREAP but that needs, if I understands it correcly, a VPN tunnel or a dedicated WAN-link. I know that ARUBA has this function, but I cant find it with CISCO.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can. You would have to use the 1131 as an OfficeExtend AP. At least this way you can encrypt your data traffic unless you are in Russia. Take a look at the AP600 OfficeExtend configuration guide. This will show you how to setup your wlc and your SSID.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can. You would have to use the 1131 as an OfficeExtend AP. At least this way you can encrypt your data traffic unless you are in Russia. Take a look at the AP600 OfficeExtend configuration guide. This will show you how to setup your wlc and your SSID.

-Scott

Just to note.... You can have the AP join in local or h-reap (if supported by the AP) without data encryption and don't need to set the ap as an OfficeExtend AP, but I would think you would want data to be encrypted over the Internet.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card