Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

How to adapt UCCX "BaseLineAdvQueuing.aef" script to ICM

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2012
User Badges:

Hey Team,

I am interested in using the UCCX "BaseLineAdvQueuing.aef" script as a template to replace my current callback app which relies on Cisco Outbound Option. However, I am having trouble replacing "Contact Service Queue" and Select resources with ICM agent queuing. I can pass Enterprise variables about queue times and placement, but how can I pass the call back to ICM for delivery to Skill Group agent. I'm guessing that I need to break the UCCX script into separate VRU scripts. After X number of minutes, matching wait time announced to the customer, placeCall to a DN/ICM script that has the Select and Queue to Agent Node. Please advise if there is a more efficient way.

Thank you,

Raymon Khan

Contact Center Network Engineer

Infinity Sales Group, LLC

5201 Congress Ave.

Boca Raton, FL 33487
O: (561) 665-4310 ext. 1185
C: (561) 880-5426
[email protected]

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
brian1mcc Fri, 02/10/2012 - 13:58
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I haven't tried to adapt that script to use it with IPIVR/ICM .. but I've experience of using both Outbound option, and the UCCX VM queuing separately. In my opinion outbound option is by far the better choice. It's much more robust and provides better reporting.

If the UCCX engine fails, for whatever reason, your queued calls are lost. I've had to build in additional custom reporting so agents can manually call these numbers back in such a scenario. You wouldn't need to worry about something like this with outbound option as the call details are stored in the DB.

Is there any reason why outbound option is not working out for you?

RaymonKhan Mon, 02/13/2012 - 10:22
User Badges:

brian1mcc,

The biggest drawback is the internal DNC in Outbound Option. If a customer requests to be placed on the DNC, we currently write it to a webapp database, then out to a DNC append file for baImport. Callback_Out campaigns would not be able to dial the number back if they, or someone with the same number, request a callback from a number on the internal DNC list.

I realized today that our best option would be delete the internal DNC and not use it anymore. We will upload the webapp database to our DNC solutions provider and scrub outbound campaigns with it along with the National and Wireless DNC lists. We will also update any Dialing List records with "CallStatusZone=P" or "CallStatusZone=R" to "C" if they are in the webapp DNC database on a daily or weekly basis.

For the future scripts involving UCCX to ICM, I think I'm just going to use the "placeCall" function to a DN which points to an ICM script for the skill group necessary.

Thanks for the info and stirring up the creative juices,

Raymon Khan

Contact Center Network Engineer

Infinity Sales Group, LLC

5201 Congress Ave.

Boca Raton, FL 33487
O: (561) 665-4310 ext. 1185
C: (561) 880-5426
[email protected]

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content