UCCX In Parallels

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2012

Hello,

We are running an 8.5 HA instance of UCCX. One of our superivosrs asked me if there is a method to address the following:

Per our conversation yesterday here are the problems faced with ACD, both Supervisor and Agent Desktops.

When using Mac OSX as your primary machine, you’re left with one of two options. The first is to RDC to a second computer at your desk, or run a VM. Due to lack of Ethernet at my desk, I chose to run my Windows environment in Parallels.  The problem I’m running in to, is that Parallels, as most VMs, NATs connectivity to the virtual interface in VM.

When attempting to run Agent Desktop in Parallels, it constantly switches between connected, disconnected, and partially connected. Supervisor reports that it is connected, but no one is listed in the Agents section, for either Agents of Supervisors.  I have reviewed the Port Utilization Guide to set up port forwarding for each port to the VM, but it didn’t help any. I also attempted to create a tunnel from the MAC OSX adapter to the VM, but still functionality fails.

Works fine on the same machine if I’m booted directly in to Windows via BootCamp. Is there a method to get ACD to work in a VM? If not, is there a third party Mac OSX client I could test.

I have not found anything that suggests a way to make ACD work the way this user is asking for. Have I missed something, or is this simply not possible the way Cisco has things right now? Any input is appreciated. Thanks,

Joe

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
frzhang Fri, 02/10/2012 - 15:38

For CAD to work properly, the server also needs to reach the TCP port CAD is listening on the agent PC. Same as CSD. Like 59020 59021 or 3100 or 3101, depending on the version. So, if you use NAT for agent PC, you have to somehow open up the ports for that purpose. Or it will not function properly.

Aaron Harrison Sat, 02/11/2012 - 06:46

Hi

Does Parallels not supported bridged network connectivity rather than NAT?

Aaron

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:528 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard