cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie question... Can I limit the number of users ...

claudio.testa
Level 1
Level 1

Can I limit the number of users accessing a URL?

My company wants to start making videos available on our intranet web site. Once published, they are planning to send an email to all our employees (5000+) to announce the video. That's a great idea... but who asked the network guy if the network (server too) can take the load? NOBODY.

Short term solution... can I limit the number of concurrent users hitting a URL? And if possible, can I push a message to the users that try once the limit is reached?

Limiting the bandwidth is an option, but I will trash the user experience.

Long term solutions besides bandwidth increase? Cashing servers, WAN accelerators...?

Help !!!

3 Replies 3

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Don't think you can do that.

You could split the users into groups and time base thir access, everyone outside the time redirect?  But that would be a bit rubbish.

tidavids
Level 1
Level 1

This is really not a problem for the WSA to solve.  Typically the WSA is used to control content and provide security for external internet content.  The product does not have the feature you describe.

However, when it comes to the internal hosting of content - since you are using an internal server, that server should be able to control the amount of traffic it servers, number of connections, etc.

~Tim

ShIpIntBrief
Level 1
Level 1

After I check on my s series, I think no feature like that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: