Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 502G - "1 line"?

petcho123
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I am new to all this VOIP so maybe my question is a bit stupid.

Looking  into the feature list of a Cisco SPA 502G it says "1 line"? I want to  connect this phone to my Switchvox AA65 which then handles connections to SIP providers. Does it mean that I can only  handle one call at a time and can not e.g. do a 3-way conference, or  does it mean that I can only register the phone with one single SIP server but  have unlimited connection with this server?

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, it can take more than 1 call at a time.  You can put a call on hold and you can also do 3 way conference with the phone itself or use the server to do it by populating the 'conference bridge url' parameter

Thanks for the info, nseto.

Maybe I should ask this way: what can I do with a 4-line phone that I can not do with a 1-line phone (other than registering 4 SIP servers)?

The more lines, then you get more then one extension number (useful for two extension, like private and shared or for a secretary who needs to handle more than one extension). Those extensions numbers can be registered to the same sip server, rather than other sip servers.

I expected to be able to handle things like shared extensions (ext 200 is forwarded to ext 101, 102 and 103) on the software side. We are planning to use a Switchvox SMB. Isn't this possible?

Diego Betancor
Level 1
Level 1

Petch, if what you want is to save money get a 303, if not a 504. Those lines became handly.